Antenna question

I know we can simply screw off the antenna from its base.
But I want to know if its possible to take out the base ?? You guys get what I mean ??
Coz I am planning on painting the whole thing. If I can only paint the antenna than I wont do it. Coz I dont want a black base with a different colour antenna.

WhiteZoomZoom said:
I know we can simply screw off the antenna from its base.
But I want to know if its possible to take out the base ?? You guys get what I mean ??
Coz I am planning on painting the whole thing. If I can only paint the antenna than I wont do it. Coz I dont want a black base with a different colour antenna.

someone had to install it at the factory....so it CAN be removed....just don't k now how much trouble it may be....but I can certainly say that removing the headliner is a lot of trouble...and you would have to do that to get it out.

Sir Nuke is correct. the headliner must be removed. then its pretty easy. I replaced my antennae with an XM unit. I then duct taped the original unit to the inside of the roof roof so i have FM capability as well. works real good.

jcnuke said:
Sir Nuke is correct. the headliner must be removed. then its pretty easy. I replaced my antennae with an XM unit. I then duct taped the original unit to the inside of the roof roof so i have FM capability as well. works real good.

Do you mean you duct taped it inside on the ceiling of your roof? I'll add that the the million and one uses for duct tape I guess. :D

Thanks for the info guys. Now I got another question. Since it so hard to take out to paint. Do you think I can just spray paint the base on the car ?? but of coz I am gonna cover the area surrounding the antenna.

duct tape of antenna

When I removed my headliner to remove the factory FM antenna, I just took hte factory unit and ductapred it to the INSIDE of the roof, under the headliner. Works just fine for AM/FM Reception and the XM antenna looks like a factory installed unit. no new holes to drill!

Back