Another New Mazda6 Owner here...Yea!!

:
2014 Mazda6 Sport MT
Just wanted to share in the enjoyment that I am having with my very 1st Mazda! Picked it up April 8th and it drives like a dream!
I look forward to reading and sharing ideas with this community.

Zoom Zooming

Attachments

• P1040782.JPG
    P1040782.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 438
Awesome! Congrats on your sweet new ride! I think you're the first manual 6 owner on here?

Fantastic looking car. I am considering the same model.

How do you like the manual? Did you test drive the automatic? Are you planning any upgrades?

How do you like the manual? Did you test drive the automatic? Are you planning any upgrades?

While Im not the OP, I have tested both automatic and manual versions. 6 speed manual all the way, and its no question based on my test drives(not trying to start a war, just my own personal observations). Shifts are short as can be, engages well, and allows me to come out of corners quick.

Would like to see a true 0-60 time done on the manual though(wasn't about to do it on a dealer test drive). I think this car can do better than the 7.9 that is stated by most car magazines.

While Im not the OP, I have tested both automatic and manual versions. 6 speed manual all the way, and its no question based on my test drives(not trying to start a war, just my own personal observations). Shifts are short as can be, engages well, and allows me to come out of corners quick.

Would like to see a true 0-60 time done on the manual though(wasn't about to do it on a dealer test drive). I think this car can do better than the 7.9 that is stated by most car magazines.

Glad to hear you say that. I'm going to try and test drive one this weekend.

My theoretical plan is to purchase the Sport model with the 6 speed, then add a decent in-dash nav system w/Bluetooth, and larger wheels and tires myself. With the $1,000 brand loyalty rebate, I should be able to procure a Sport for less than $20K.

Looks like they crank up the loyalty for Mazda 3 / MX-5 / CX-9 also, used to be 500. Didn't find it last week.

To be quite honest, I wouldn't have wanted this car any other way. I only test drove the manual and now that I actually own one, I feel it's hands down the smoothest manual I've ever owned. The car drives like a dream. My other 6 speed is a 1999 Corvette convertible and while I love the vette, I wish it shifted like the M6.

Back