Another New Mazda5 Owner with questions

:
2012 MZ5 Sport
Hey all, just picked up a 6MT Mazda5 Sport last week, been having a great time with it. 130k miles, well taken care of, quite pleased. Very aware that I won't be winning any races in this thing, but she handles like a car and not a minivan, and that does not help the desire to hoon.

I have a few questions, having done quite a bit of forum lurking before posting this:
  1. I will be checking out the motor mounts, seems to be a hot button item
  2. Has anyone found a reputable dealer for service manuals? I didn't see any Haynes and I'm skeptical of the PDFs floating around on eBay.
  3. I know the MZ5 is very similar to the MZ3. Is there some kind of compatibility chart?
  4. With regards to the above, how similar is the Speed3?
  5. Has anyone ever messed with the throttle response? I get very mixed results trying to blip the throttle for downshifting. Usually I over or undershoot the RPM mark. I'm very used to the throttle on my Focus ST, which is much snappier.
I'm sure I'll think of something else as I poke around more.

Thank you all, I appreciate any response!

I buy the FSM PDFs on ebay. It's worth risking the $15. I haven't been scammed yet and the documents have been invaluable and have paid for themselves a hundred times over.

The Mazdaspeed3 is *completely* different vehicle. Nearly nothing is the same or interchangeable, except for the front brakes, which is a very, very worthy upgrade. But, the MZ5 wheels won't clear the MS3 brakes, so you'll need either MZ3, RX-8, or MS3 wheels to complete the swap.

I buy the FSM PDFs on ebay. It's worth risking the $15. I haven't been scammed yet and the documents have been invaluable and have paid for themselves a hundred times over.
Excellent, I'll go through with one of those then. Thank you!

The Mazdaspeed3 is *completely* different vehicle. Nearly nothing is the same or interchangeable, except for the front brakes, which is a very, very worthy upgrade. But, the MZ5 wheels won't clear the MS3 brakes, so you'll need either MZ3, RX-8, or MS3 wheels to complete the swap.
Good to know! I have brakes on the list of upgrades for sure, as well as a new set of wheels. Thanks for the tips.

Back