Another hella fast fly-by on public roads. . .

wow....ok, i'ld like to know how fast the car with cam was going just judge the other car....

since im a nerd I figured out how fast the cam car was moving....at the beginning of the vid it was traveling about 40 mph and at the end it was just under 30 mph...so the cam car was slowing down while filming this vid ...so that solves part of the mystery haha :)

assuming the vid was within the US...and also assuming that the road has been re-paved since 1995

Last edited:
since im a nerd I figured out how fast the cam car was moving....at the beginning of the vid it was traveling about 40 mph and at the end it was just under 30 mph...so the cam car was slowing down while filming this vid ...so that solves part of the mystery haha :)

assuming the vid was within the US...and also assuming that the road has been re-paved since 1995

wow you are a big nerd.....timed the lines did ya??? so the other car was doing around 60-70 maybe 80if the cam car was doing around 35ish

ahh basic physics. v=d/t. but howd u figure it just by watchin the vid.

I was thinking the dude in the cam car was going around 40... I don't have a reason for thinking that, it's just how fast it looks.

Still though, the other dude is there and gone FAST.

I was thinking the dude in the cam car was going around 40... I don't have a reason for thinking that, it's just how fast it looks.

Still though, the other dude is there and gone FAST.

yeah...i didnt bust out a stop watch or a slide rule for it...but I was curious...here is how I did it:

I could not find a great source for US federal guidlines on line spacing, I did find that the line length in 1995 was 15 ft with a 30 ft gap, and since then it has been revised to 10 ft length with 30 ft gap...not sure when that change was made so I ran it both ways

at the beginning of the vid you can count 3 lines+gaps in 2 seconds...so doing quick math you get 67.5 ft/sec (1995-earlier) and 60 ft/sec (~1995-today)...which is 46 mph and 40.9 mph respectively.

then after the car passes you can count 4 lines+gaps in about 3 seconds...which equates to 60 ft/sec (1995-ealier) and 53.3 ft/sec (~1995-today)...which is 40.9 mph and 36.6 mph respectively.

with as rediculous as that video was...alittle bit of rediculous calculations and assumptions were in order
haha finally my education is paying off

Well if you pause it the headlights appear to be a 997 of some sort. Sounds like a 911 Turbo...but who knows. Definitely think it's a Porsche though.

lol I'm trying to hear what they're saying. it's either bumble bee or something in a different language.

Back