Another gridning noise, any ideas?

mbanshchikov

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Sport
Hey guys,

Last week my check engine light came on, so since the car is under warranty I took it ti the dealer to get it checked out. When I brought it over, they recommened I do a transmission fluid change, so I agreed. They ran the code and it turned out to be a EGR valve which needed to be replaced. A day later, I noticed a noise coming from the front on a right hand slow turn. As the days passed, the noise got progresively worse, and now its a whiny, grindy noise every time I take a right turn and only when I step on the gas during the turn (the steering wheel must be turned almost all the way). On top of that, my avg gas milege fell, and if I drive the car for a long time, the pedals start to vibrate. I took it back to the dealer and they have no idea whats going on. Im hoping that some of you may have had this issue in the past and can offer some solution!

Thanks in advance!

maybe somehting to do with your CV joints? it's kinda hard to determine unless you have a professional test drive it, which is weird because you say you took the problem to the dealer and they said they didn't know

try to get under your car and look at the joints, wiggle stuff around to see if it's loose, see if there's any thrown grease around anything. if there's any chance they had to remove any part of the drivetrain to get to the egr valve and they put it back together wrong then this might be your problem.

I had some weird noise that would only occur when the steering wheel was turned as well. It didn't whine like yours thought.

My issue was that the plastic peice in the front passenger strut tower had shattered and the ball bearings were all getting mangled up. It was like a $15 part I believe.

If your car is still under warranty I would think that it's THEIR problem to figure out what the issue is, not yours. They really should be giving you a loaner while they sort it out. Unless, of course, your car is modded in some way that would cause the issue itself.

Back