Annoying Exhaust Rattling

i8urgti

I have a CP-E Catback single exit, resonated with no muffler that rattles like no end on the factory tip that is in the bumper. When i give it some gas it will go away but at different rpms it still rattles and at idle it ALWAYS rattles. I also have an SU TP but I've had this issue prior to installing the TP. I want to keep the factory by all means, so I'm in need of suggesting solutions.

I've already tried moving it around but the hangers always put it right back to the same spot that makes it rattle. I was thinking about securing a trimmed timing belt around the muffler, only because I cannot think of any other rubber that would not melt under the heat of the exhaust tip. But I'm unsure if that would even work.

EDIT: If this is in the wrong section, mods feel free to move it

I have a CP-E Catback single exit, resonated with no muffler that rattles like no end on the factory tip that is in the bumper. When i give it some gas it will go away but at different rpms it still rattles and at idle it ALWAYS rattles. I also have an SU TP but I've had this issue prior to installing the TP. I want to keep the factory by all means, so I'm in need of suggesting solutions.

I've already tried moving it around but the hangers always put it right back to the same spot that makes it rattle. I was thinking about securing a trimmed timing belt around the muffler, only because I cannot think of any other rubber that would not melt under the heat of the exhaust tip. But I'm unsure if that would even work.

EDIT: If this is in the wrong section, mods feel free to move it

Dont use rubber, use silicone. Just buy a silicone oven mit or silicone place mat. Cut to what size or layer for thickness you need and then u can glue in place with some hight temp silicone.

Had a similar issue after I installed the TurboXS TP to my CBE Corksport exhaust.

I had to put a spacer in the bushing on the right rear muffler and it went away every now and then I will get a light tap on the other side now but its ok.

Gonna try the Corksport urethane bushings and see if that will help.. Now mind you it did not RATTLE at all with just the Corksport exhaust it was a perfect fit it was after I used a diff brand TP with it that it started

there is thin, flat sheetmetal that goes across the bumper, the exhaust tip clanks on this... you need to cut/bend this over the exhaust to add some clearance...

Last edited:
Back