2013~2016 Android auto issues and dash display frozen

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
Hey all,

Over the last two weeks I've been having issues with my 2016.5 CX-5 GT. When starting the car, 8/10 times the android auto will not reconnect causing the screen to show "usb device changed" message if I wait about 10 seconds the screen goes dark and the system reboots. After it reboots AA will connect no issue.

In addition to this I have noticed that the screen in the instrument cluster will either, change what it's showing(AVG mpg, current mpg etc.) on its own and I can sometimes change back to what I had it set to, or, get stuck on whatever it is showing (recently it's been service due warning message) and in some cases it will change AND get stuck..

Anyone else have similar issues? If so, is there a fix other than go to the dealer?

Okay, so I have isolated the dash display to whenever the headlights are on I am not able to cycle the display but if I turn the headlights off the issue subsides. Probably going to have to see what the dealer says for that.

As for the AA it is too inconsistent to troubleshoot more than your suggestion of the android version issues.

I appreciate your input!

Back