Andriod Auto Volume Levels Changing 2023 CX-9

My '23 CX-9 keeps changing the music volume when using Android Auto with Google Maps and Pandora. The volume on Pandora goes so low you can hardly hear it and the volume button does not have much, if any, effect. If I push the radio power button off/on the volume will blast out for about 1-2 seconds then go back to very low. Volume on the maps seems to work OK. I am new to AA so hopefully I am simply missing a setting somewhere but have looked online and cannot find a solution.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

I've got a '21 Sig, from what I know, settings should be the same from '21 onwards. I'm not experiencing this issue on Android Auto or my wife's Apple CarPlay. This almost sounds like my other vehicle with an aftermarket headunit, where you can set the volume per input individually.
Our cars don't have it, but what does come to mind is that possibly you don't have the bluetooth volume sync setting set, or maybe your device doesn't support it.
Try this - plug in your phone, start AA, then once the music is playing, turn up the volume on your phone to the max. See if this fixes your volume discrepancy across sources. If it does, then you have to look for some type of a bluetooth volume sync setting on the headunit or on your device. Or "Use absolute bluetooth volume". Something along these lines.

Upvote 0
You're on to something with the blue tooth connection but I can't put my finger on what's going on. For some reason my phone and car don't seem to like each other. I can set the phone for both talk and music and it will work OK for a while, shutting the car off will mess things up. The car/phone reconnects when starting again but the music setting does not, I need to go into the car setup and change the default to add music again.
Thanks for the reply, it did point me in the right direction.

Upvote 0
Back