Amp noise

mudguy

:
2006 mazda 3 sport 5door
Recently put an amp and subs in my 06 M3, mtx amp,and 2 10's. I used the the high out puts on the amp and it pounds hard, went of the factory deck and ran my speaker wires of the back of the deck (white and grey wires), ran the remote wire of the yellow keyed power.
That part works good ( I think), every time I turn of the car it thumps threw the sub/amp,ran good ground to body of car, could I have a dirty remote ?

thanks mudguy

06 m3 5 door sport, no bose.

"dirty remote" is not something I've ever heard of. the remote doesn't power the amp or affect the signal; it just turns it on or off. First thing you need to try is disconnecting the input from the amp and then turning it on/off. if it still thumps then the issue is with the amp (possibly the wiring, possibly the component). if it doesn't, then the pop is coming from the radio when the car shuts off. does your sub amp have a subsonic filter? that could help

Would it mater if possibly the high output wires were not in right sequence, pos to pos,or pos to neg, ?

Typically it is due to 2 things. 1st the ground connection is lacking a large clean surface. Frame is better than body. 2nd the amps are turned up to max or close to on the power output.
Clue 1 the amp will still put out the same amount of power no matter how high the volume is, you just need to adjust the head unit so it takes 30 clicks to max volume rather than 12.

My PDX-M6 amp has a subsonic filter with 3 positions- OFF/15Hz/30Hz. I had been using 15Hz since I got the amp, but the other day for shats and goggles I turned it off. I get bass pops quite often now when I turn the car on or off. When I get home to my tools tomorrow, I'm gonna turn it back on. Not like I'm gonna miss anything under 15 hertz.

Back