Am i getting a good deal?!

:
2014 Mazda CX-5
So there is this CX5 that i may be purchasing, and although the blue is not my favorite, i need a new car after my accident a couple weeks ago.

My dealer currently has this Base 2014 CX-5 Sport in the Sky Blue Mica, with Bluetooth package. TruCar shows MSRP as $23,990, Invoice at $23,583 and average paid $23,386.

http://tasca.com/New-2014-Mazda-CX-5/vd/16790699

But per their website and after speaking with them i can get it for $22,400.

Is that a good price for this particular version with bluetooth?

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with that particular trim, I have just purchased a base Touring for $23.600+ax+ttl.
Do you have another SUV in your family? If Yes, then there is a $500 discount on Mazda site:
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayVehicleIncentives.action?vehicleCode=CX5
There is a $200 dealer cash if you finance through Mazda with the 0.9-1.9% interest.
At Truecar, I had $24570 the lowest and I had an offer from a far away dealer(40-50 miles) for $23.398!
I would suggest stepping up to the Touring if you can afford it.

I'm not familiar with that particular trim, I have just purchased a base Touring for $23.600+ax+ttl.
Do you have another SUV in your family? If Yes, then there is a $500 discount on Mazda site:
There is a $200 dealer cash if you finance through Mazda with the 0.9-1.9% interest.
At Truecar, I had $24570 the lowest and I had an offer from a far away dealer(40-50 miles) for $23.398!

Yea i have a Mazda 3 so i should be able to get the loyalty bonus. But i didn't know about the dealer cash, thanks for letting me know!!

Last edited:
And stay away from Truecar. Their estimates (in case you haven't already figured it out) are pretty worthless!

If not TruCare, then where does one go to get estimates? Edmunds?
They're all just running averages. You should never settle for "average". Use them as a reference point and shoot for 5% below. A lot depends on conditions in your local market, which these estimates do not take into consideration and they are always based on old data.

Just wondering which dealership you went to for that price.

I have received a quote of $23.400 from Ontario but I have purchased mine, from my neighborhood dealer Sierra, for $23.600. Ontario, did not have the sky blue anymore.
Truecar is just a starting point, but definitely is not the lowest price that you can get. You can punch in different zip codes and see if in other zip codes have different prices.
The best thing is to get the lowest price and try contacting the internet sales and let them know that you have already a pretty low offer. Maybe(most likely), they can beat that price.
And go from there, use that quote and try with another dealer, maybe they are willing to go even lower.

I have received a quote of $23.400 from Ontario but I have purchased mine, from my neighborhood dealer Sierra, for $23.600. Ontario, did not have the sky blue anymore.
Truecar is just a starting point, but definitely is not the lowest price that you can get. You can punch in different zip codes and see if in other zip codes have different prices.
The best thing is to get the lowest price and try contacting the internet sales and let them know that you have already a pretty low offer. Maybe(most likely), they can beat that price.
And go from there, use that quote and try with another dealer, maybe they are willing to go even lower.

I live around Sierra too!

Who did you work with? And did they give you that price on the spot or did you bring in a quote from somewhere? Did you have military/loyalty discount? Thanks!

I have got the best price through truecar. Ontario Mazda gave me the $23.398 and I have used that quote when I have went there.
They didn't wanted to give me that price of course. Then I have mentioned about competitive owner's discount of $500(if you have another SUV in the family) and they didn't ever heard about it.
It was still to big of a difference from the two prices($23.800 to $23.398) and I wanted to walk away and then they dropped it another $200, which I think that it was that discount.
I have used only the above mentioned discount. My wife owns a Honda CRV. I don't remember the sales person's name, something with E.... I can look it up tomorrow if you want.
I live behind the Sprouts store. Across the street, there is another Sky Blue CX5.
At Sierra, I have purchased the last Sky Blue Touring, Ontario didn't have any left. Which color you are looking to get? Reds are rare too.

I like the meteor gray and white. But I am going for the gray.

So I should be expecting to pay 23898?

Is it Ernie with really blonde hair?

Yes Ernie, you are right. Initially he made a mistake, he gave me quote for a Sport model. White I believe is a bit more as the red($200-300). You don't qualify for any discounts? Without any, they quoted me $24.098. I would really consider Ontario.
Try Truecar.com and see the lowest price. Which model/options do you consider buying?

When I was looking at truecar, it was $24.570.
Contact Ontario Mazda for an internet quote. They will give you the best price.
Do you qualify for any discounts?
My price at the end it was $23.598+tax+TTL with 0.9% interest. I have put down $12.600 cash and I'm paying $231.10 for 5 years.

No I do not =(

Thanks for the info tho I am requesting a quote from them and see what their best offer is!

You got an awesome deal! How is the CX-5 so far?

Back