Almost bought one...likely on Monday

Today I came sooo close to buying a 2020 low miles Mazda CX-9 Touring. 5,800 miles. Pearl White exterior and Black interior. I shopped at multiple dealerships and settled on this one...but it is 40 minutes from my home...by the time I went home and got my wife and she agreed with me it was too late to start the purchase process. They closed today at 6pm.

20210605_125539_HDR.jpg

We will likely go back on Monday when they are open until 8pm. If someone buys it at lunch time then it wasn't God's will for me to have that car. Yet I suspect that it will be there. No tears if it isn't.

For what it’s worth, I got my ‘21 Grand Touring for $41, with 0% financing. Don’t know your financial situation, or what the market is like where you are, but just some food for thought.

For what it’s worth, I got my ‘21 Grand Touring for $41, with 0% financing. Don’t know your financial situation, or what the market is like where you are, but just some food for thought.
I live in NJ. How 'bout you?
New CX-9s in my area for this Touring trim list for $41,370
My first stop today was at my local Chevy Dealer
Their website promoted for new cars: 0% financing for 72 months. Yet although I shopped for a Traverse, I'd rather get the Mazda CX-9.
I have NOT seen any of the Mazda dealerships in my area promoting any special rates.

Last edited:
Mazda 112 in Long Island has 2 new tourings, one in blue, the other in black and the price is 36,583 if you are interested. Just google mazda 112 and go to their website. That's where I bought my first gen cx9.

I put a deposit down (over the phone) on the very same Mazda CX-9 Touring that I mentioned at the beginning of the thread.
Tomorrow I will go to the dealership and sign away my money :rolleyes:

I put a deposit down (over the phone) on the very same Mazda CX-9 Touring that I mentioned at the beginning of the thread.
Tomorrow I will go to the dealership and sign away my money :rolleyes:

Make sure you give it a nice long test drive! Some owners have mentioned that they don't like the way the seats feel on long drives (both CX-5 and CX-9 owners). For me the seats are amazing, but be sure to check for yourself.

Make sure you give it a nice long test drive! Some owners have mentioned that they don't like the way the seats feel on long drives (both CX-5 and CX-9 owners). For me the seats are amazing, but be sure to check for yourself.
I did two test drives Saturday. One on my own and yet another when I came back with my wife. ;)

Most of my car purchases have been like yours: an almost new, very low mileage vehicle where someone else absorbed the initial depreciation. This also avoids having to pay the new car fees, like freight, prep. etc. Most of the ones I bought were demos or early lease returns.
The Mazda6 I bought in 2017 was the first new new car I have bought in over 40 years.
I'm now looking at trading in my two vehicles on another slightly used low mileage vehicle.
Let someone else pay the new car prices.
Good luck.

Back