Air Horns

kiwi

:
2005 Mazda Tribute
hey guys, I am looking for help on how to install Air Horns in my 2003 Protege 5.. .anyone have any good tips on where to install them in the engine bay and how to connect them up?

B

I got a set of dual tone air horns to replace the crappy OEM one.
I disconnected the stock horn cable, used a spade connector (or whatever it used) and plugged in right there.
I then ran that wire along the front (next to the wire wrap) and down into the hole next to the coolant reservoir on the driver's side.
I removed the splash guard for that wheel well and mounted the compressor and horns using 90 degree brackets from the hardware store just inside of the hole.

I plan to remove it, as I have a CAI that has been waiting to go in, which is going to need that space though.
I plan to get a new horn that doesn't require a compressor, as it doesn't work all that great for quick bursts and the cold air in the winter here causes it to not function at all at times.

thanks for the tips.. hmm.. good point about the cold air.. it gets cold here in winter too!

Maybe I will find another type of horn to use from Canadian Tire..

b

yeah, I have that same set pictured on miata.net
I didn't like the fact that my horn wasn't functioning in the cold, which is part of the reason why I won't just be relocating when the CAI goes in.

kiwi said:
hey guys, I am looking for help on how to install Air Horns in my 2003 Protege 5.. .anyone have any good tips on where to install them in the engine bay and how to connect them up?

B

i installed mine behind the left headlight, below the frame in front of the left wheel.... :)

Back