Air Flow Logistics AFC Instructions / Schematic

CasopoliS

Contributor
:
05 Legacy GT, 06 Accord SE, Civic
Below are the instructions that come with the Air Flow Logistics Air/Fuel Controller. I have also provided a simple wire diagram which simplify the instructions, and help users visually see how the wire connections are made. As you will see, install is very simple. This unit is sold by John at Air Flow Logistics, forum member DSMConvert. If you wish to purchase one of these units, email him at john@airflowlogistics.com. If you are unfamiliar with this unit, please see the F.A.Q. thread here.

INSTRUCTIONS:
afcinstructions0jq.jpg

SCHEMATIC:
afcschematic8oz.jpg

do yiou have instruction how to upload a map. i dont know if the onei got is the has the super map, the guy i got it from says its for stock psi i a running 10psi i have the "super map" file. i just need it tuntill i get to a dyno. i have sent DSM my dyno with AFR on it.

all the maps are "super maps".
The map adjusts fuel based on RPM and manifold pressure. So any map can be tuned for any amount of boost(up to whatever the limit is)

so the map that comes withthe AFC is good for my mods @ 10psi i do not need to adjust it. i wont be able to fine tune it for a while untill i get to a dyno i do not have a AF guage but the bad automeater :(

The annoying hesitation is going full time now that summer is here so I am going to finally install my DSM AFC. One question though, what is the best place to hook up the vacuum line to?? I have a boost guage already. Should I piggy back off of that or do another line to another tee or part of the intake manifold?

Thanks in advance!

MiataRacing said:
The annoying hesitation is going full time now that summer is here so I am going to finally install my DSM AFC. One question though, what is the best place to hook up the vacuum line to?? I have a boost guage already. Should I piggy back off of that or do another line to another tee or part of the intake manifold?

Thanks in advance!

you can tap into it, and don't worry about hose length.... pressure loss in that small ID is negligable

Help..... just connected the afc but car will not start. Just getting a click. I double checked All the pin #'s. What could be wrong?

Last edited:
Did you check and double check your wiring? Did you reconnect you battery cable?(You did disconnect it while installinf the AFC, right?) If any wiring was done wrong or the battery was not disconnected it is posible you blew a fuse. If you used those plastic t-taps, you might have gotten a wire not in the exact position for it to tap properly.

Or if everything else is correct, maybe your unit was defective?

I have had a couple times after working on my car where it didn't want to start after putting it all back together and reconnecting the battery cable. Then I would disconnect the battery and reset the ECU once more, and it would fire up again. (eyeballs)

Did you use those wire taps or did you solder the wires. If it's the taps, I'd be willing to bet that one of them is not set properly. I've had it happen to me, not specifically on my afc install, but for other things. The wires have to be laid in there perfectly, and if not then it doesn't get tapped. Are the crimp connectors solid, give each connection a firm tug, nothing real hard, but just to make sure.

I used wire taps. I'll check those again. I did have a shop try to install the AFC before they weren't able to get it to start either.

push the lock button on your clicker to set the alarm, then unlock. This happened to me. Give it a shot,if it starts then install the afc again and try it.

Actually i did. That's how i found out that the people who hooked it up last time messed up. You schematic made it real easy.

if all you got was a click you cut some wrong wires somewhere. things that would cause the car to click and not start, clutch wire, and the starter wire.

speed1016 said:
push the lock button on your clicker to set the alarm, then unlock. This happened to me. Give it a shot,if it starts then install the afc again and try it.

Well I did hit the unlock button before i tried to start the car. The lite for the alarm wasn't flashing when I tried to start it either.

Back