Aggressive fitment anyone?!

The lip of the rim actually sits flush with the fender, and there's no way I could get any more tire on it, so I think for my purposes that's as far out as they're gonna go for me, lol.

The lip of the rim actually sits flush with the fender, and there's no way I could get any more tire on it, so I think for my purposes that's as far out as they're gonna go for me, lol.

If it were an 18x8, it would be aggressive. That extra 1/4" on each side makes a noticeable difference.

I feel the tire you have on there is pretty aggressive. Do you have any pics of the new size on?

Plus, I have the same size wheel on my car and I'm looking to put spacers on it. 10 in the rear and 15 in the front.

My ride

6ca9d654.jpg

bbdee6dd.jpg

c47216be.jpg

My other ride :)

158a93a9.jpg

84da3596.jpg

0ca51750.jpg

Can't get more rubber under either ride... For now anyways

ok someone explain this to my dumbass lol. will there be any big difference between a 17x8 +15 offset wheel and a 17x9 +15 offset?

With the same offset you're just adding another 1/2" to either side. Offset is measurement from the center of the wheel to hub surface.

yup with the offset calculator i found that if two wheels have the same offset, 17x9+15, 17x8 +15, but differ in width, there will be a +or- difference of 15mm of "poke", for every inch. in context to the face of the rim.

Welcome to the party, buster.

It should be ~12.7mm... Right? (shrug)

i see your reasoning...

if two wheels have the same offset, but one is wider than the other, the difference in poke is half the difference in width because the offset doesnt change, but the width if overall increased...
for example...
the 8" vs the 9"
if you stand them up with one in front of the other, making sure that the centers of the rim are in a perfectly straight line, the offsets will line up but the 9" will be a little wider on both sides, equally

thus half of an inch is 12.7mm

idk why i tried to explain it... but i wanted to try
(uhm) is that right tho?

i see your reasoning...

if two wheels have the same offset, but one is wider than the other, the difference in poke is half the difference in width because the offset doesnt change, but the width if overall increased...
for example...
the 8" vs the 9"
if you stand them up with one in front of the other, making sure that the centers of the rim are in a perfectly straight line, the offsets will line up but the 9" will be a little wider on both sides, equally

thus half of an inch is 12.7mm

idk why i tried to explain it... but i wanted to try
(uhm) is that right tho?

That was my logic... Not sure if it works out that perfectly because I don't know s*** about how wheels are manufactured aside from basics. Seems like it should be pretty close to that, tho.

Back