aftermarket hood for MS6?

sleeperms6

:
2007 MS6, black Mica
I was just wondering if there are any companies that make a hood similar to the one on the new MS3 with the hood scoop, wondering if this would make any diff. on performance instead of stock setup, plus I think it looks killer.

Check the SU website. They have a hood with a scoop. As far as performance I doubt it will make any difference. The stock setup vents air pretty well over the IC. The only advantage I can think of is perhaps with the hole there heat might vent out a bit easier. . .

I've seen 2 different options for the MS6. One of them was the same hood as the stock one, with the bulge in the middle, and then on top of the bulge was the scoop. Looked like a tower because of the three different levels lol. And like coyfish mentioned, there was a smooth hood, with not bulge and a hood scoop.

From my knowledge, both were vented so I guess you could potentially get cooler intercooler temperatures. Both were also offered in carbon fibre so if you were REALLY concerned about weight then I guess it would be a slight weight reduction.

Both for the price, both don't come cheap. I believe you could just convert your car to a front mount intercooler setup for around the same price... which will obviously give you cooler intercooler temperatures concidering it will be in the front right by the lower bumper grille.

Keep in mind the speed 6 has an interesting "scoop" set up. I heard the vertical grille is positioned to direct the air flow right under the hood to the roof of it, if you look under the hood you'll see 2 inside scoops, which direct to the "open" box in the center of your car, and then to the TMIC.

If you're going for strictly looks then I guess a vented hood would be in your favour.

Just my 0.2 cents.

The hoods are crazy expensive I would do a FMIC before that. I have wondered about and STI scoop though... I was going to have my brother photochop it on there to get an idea of how it would look. It would take away from the not so extreme looks of the ms6.

It looks good. Check the SU site. They have a pic of their company speed 6 there blacked out with the hoodscooped front.

idn i LOVE the look of the MS6 better then EVO or STI they're looks are too loud saying "Look at me im fast" and the ms6 is just slick and doesnt say that at all more of a luxurious sleek vibe.. but when the pedal hits the floor it flys.. so my opinion.. if you want STI looks.. buy an STI. and on the SU hood with the scoop on in doesnt flow well at all with the car IMO.. but its your car.

has anyone tried just putting in one of those generic type hood scoops?? they look like they would work much better than carbon fiber.. for the cost and stability reasons anyways...

has anyone tried just putting in one of those generic type hood scoops?? they look like they would work much better than carbon fiber.. for the cost and stability reasons anyways...

I would rather block the air ducts with cement and let the car die of heat soak before cutting the hood to install those things.

Back