Aftermarket 360 surround view installed

Got the unit from China. It integrates with my 2022 CX-5's factory display pretty well.

Attachments

• IMG_2387.JPG
    IMG_2387.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_2386.JPG
    IMG_2386.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_2388 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2388 - Copy.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 698
Any link to it?
this is the store. it is the factory store other than third party stores. you do need to create a account to see more details. use google translate if needed.
you do need some good DIY skills to install it
here is installation instruction for reference.
also the infotainment system unit in China market is different than US market
I actually had to order the 360 unit for China Mazda 3 to fit the US cx 5 2022 factory infotainment system.

Last edited:
this is the store. it is the factory store other than third party stores. you do need to create a account to see more details. use google translate if needed.
you do need some good DIY skills to install it
here is installation instruction for reference.
also the infotainment system unit in China market is different than US market
I actually had to order the unit for China Mazda 3 for the US cx 5 2022.
Thanks, yeah a little too much involved for 360 camera especially having to buy a new infotainment system to make it work.

This is tempting. Do you just install the cameras and the 360 camera head unit? Do you install a 360* Camera button next to the trunk button? How do you turn on the camera system if you don't install a button?
If I understand it correctly it comes to ~700 Canadian Dollars.

This is tempting. Do you just install the cameras and the 360 camera head unit? Do you install a 360* Camera button next to the trunk button? How do you turn on the camera system if you don't install a button?
If I understand it correctly it comes to ~700 Canadian Dollars.
I installed myself. no need to install new button. long press the "return/back" button to turn it on. otherwise, the system automatically switch on when you back up or when using turn signal.

Is it possible to install this and keep the original rear camera, or does this have to replace the factory camera when in reverse? Can you toggle between the two?

Got the unit from China. It integrates with my 2022 CX-5's factory display pretty well.

I know that I can be a bit dense at times, but could someone explain to me how a camera, attached to your car someplace, can show the two views above labeled 2387 and 2388?

2386 I get no problem but the other two? Looks more like drone footage to me.

I know that I can be a bit dense at times, but could someone explain to me how a camera, attached to your car someplace, can show the two views above labeled 2387 and 2388?

Yeah, cool isn't it? The car integrates the image from the four cameras into a "360" look, inserting a dummy image of the car in the middle. Similar to the way that panoramic applications can stitch together multiple pics onto a panoramic one. I tell you, it's really weird when you open a door while the view is displayed. The world moves and gives you vertigo! :)

the car in the middle is fake and is just a standard image of a car. The 4 cameras (front, rear and side views) are looking at the ground around the car and the 4 image are pasted together to make it look like a single view from above.

This is actually old tech ;). Here is what the newest and greatest view looks, it makes it look like you are looking at the car from the outside like these ones:

(Edit: i just noticed the system above from the OP does have the same capabilities from the image with the side view, that’s impressive because I am not sure the mazda standard 360 view camera can do it, can it?).

Last edited:
Is it possible to install this and keep the original rear camera, or does this have to replace the factory camera when in reverse? Can you toggle between the two?

original cameras need to be replaced, which are all included.
Sorry to bug you with another question, but how is the backup camera quality compared to the factory CX-5 backup camera? I think the factory one is extremely sharp and clear, so I'm curious to know if the one that comes with this system is a downgrade. Thank you!

Does installing this camera affect the cross traffic alert visual and audible warnings when the car is in reverse? I'd like to keep that functionality intact.

Back