After Market radio kits for CX9?

After Market radio kits for CX9

But these website does not sell kit for CX9, however you can buy cx7 kits? anybody knows the websites which sells cx9 kits ? and is the manual installation by yourself worth taking the risk with tampering your cx9 dashboard. Please advice

thanks

None are available yet! He is saying watch those sites as they will be the first place to find them.

Dayum Man!! That is some Funky CX9 you got there!

Look at that sound system!! Are you still using the stock radio???

Yes still use the stock radio with a JL Audio clean sweep unit to clean up the signal before the amps!

Is the JL Audio cleansweep worth it?

Yes. If you're not going to replace the factory head unit a good re-equalizer like the Clean Sweep is essential. Cheap line-out converters, even those that aren't so cheap, are a waste of money if they don't correct for the funky OEM EQ curve.

One thing to be aware of is that the CS and other similar solution have a dedicated volume knob. You set the OEM unit to a set volume and leave it there after calibrating the clean-sweep using a provided calibration CD. So, if you like your steering wheel volume controls you'll loose them with the CS.

JL Audio has a pretty good presence on LegacyGT.com, one of their VPs drives an LGT wagon and it's one of their show cars as well.

The clean sweap is a must if you are keeping the stock radio and adding amps!

The quality and clearity is amazing in my system and with a stock radio that is unheard of.

The clean sweap is a must if you are keeping the stock radio and adding amps!

The quality and clearity is amazing in my system and with a stock radio that is unheard of.

Did you have the Bose setup? My investigation so far seems to indicate that it is an odd setup. There's a lot of brains in the amp.

ON that note: does anyone have the pin-out/wiring harness diagram for the navi unit and assorted peripherals?

I DID NOT HAVE THE BOSE, I don't know about bieng a weird set up but no reason for me to have it as I was going to by pass amp and upgrade every speaker in the car any ways. I also did not like some other things about the GT any ways

Anybody know if we can use the CX-7 dash kit for CX-9?

Anybody knows how to install a double DIN aftermarket Stereo in a CX-9?

Thank you all,
Tambeng

So I talked with Colin from Metra today while at Spring Break Nationals in Daytona today. I got the same answer as the previous poster about it bieng integrated. I explained it wasn't and he asked me to send pics and possibly let them hold my radio to do what they need to do. In return I will get to "TEST" the 1ST one.

I will send him the pics tommorow and keep you guys posted on the progress as well as pics when I get it of a single din and double din installed!

UPDATE...
I recieved this email today (less than an hour of sending pics)

also included is my email with a link to the pics I sent him of the radio un installed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks a bunch Rickie! I will get some parts a.s.a.p. and start the
design process. Please keep in mind that this process will take several
months and depending on upper management decisions, could take more.
I'll be in contact with you during it all.

Colin Ehrhardt
Director of Research and Technical Services
Metra Electronics
386-257-1186
One kind word can warm three winter months.
Japanese proverb

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 5:14 PM
To: techsupport
Subject: Mazda CX~9

Colin,

I hope I got your name right and am sending this to the right address.
My name is Rickie, I spoke to you at SBN on Sunday about the kit for a
Mazda CX~9. I have a link to my photo gallery just look under radio and
there are 25 pics. If you need more or a specific shot just let me know
and I can usually upload it with in an hour or so.

I have also included a link to four threads on the main Mazda forum
where people have asked for a kit. I posted that you will be working on
one soon and I will relay all conversations we have to keep them in the
loop.

If you need me to I will ship you my radio if need be to help.

The only bad thing I have learned is that if you change the radio you
can not change the time that is on the display up top. Feel free to
contact me via email or phone I recieve my emails on my phone and will
reply within an hour.

http://gallery.me.com/cx92envy#100062&bgcolor=black&view=grid

I know a lot of people waiting for it... Actually I will be doing a custom install so I have no use for it... I just thought I would try to help you guys out!

Hope I can.

There's a lot of space in there. It'd be nice to have a kit as well as a way to set the clock. I understand that on kits for other Mazdas with the clock/multifunction display that they provide a little box for clock setting.

I want to get my EMPEG in there so bad. Even after all these years no in-dash MP3 solution comes close, they do have superior bling, but bling is not tunes. I am not willing to to a hack n slash custom fascia. I tried that in my Legacy GT and it sucked. Of course, maybe they have better fab guys elsewhere, but around here, not so much so. Cracked bondo FTMFL.

Back