Advice on rims for 2015

dizzylizzy

:
Mazda CX-5
I have a 2015 FWD Gray Mazda CX-5. I really am not diggin the factory rims for this, but in all honesty, I know ZERO about rims. I don't know what all the measurements mean & how it will effect the smoothness of my ride & the tires. I like black rims & not to fond of chrome.

Here is my car- any suggestions/advice?

nb9jfd.jpg

Reading the rim forum section is like spanish to me lol

Thanks

I moved from 19 >18 for my winter set-up. As far as comfort, I love it. Keep in mind my other car is a GTI so I like a sporty ride. 18's def look better than 17's imho. The stock rims kinda look sunk in, I'd get something with a lower offset...in the range of 35-40. It will bring the wheels outwards and a more flush appearance. Black/gunmetal will like great on your car. Happy shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved from 19 >18 for my winter set-up. As far as comfort, I love it. Keep in mind my other car is a GTI so I like a sporty ride. 18's def look better than 17's imho. The stock rims kinda look sunk in, I'd get something with a lower offset...in the range of 35-40. It will bring the wheels outwards and a more flush appearance. Black/gunmetal will like great on your car. Happy shopping!

Thank you for your reply!

How do the Raijin's look on the CX-5? Pics?

I have RPF-1's 18x9.5 +45 with 275's as track set up on my RX-8 and I would love to get a set of Enkeis for the CX-5 as well.

TSW has a couple new ones!! Love these 2! TSW Bathurst & TSW Portier!!

10747811_316283561901331_1476054749_n.jpg

1515850_1571457333085218_1601249062_n.jpg

Last edited:
Read the Stickies in this section. They'll give you an idea of what wheels will look like on your car and how to determine the size of the tire to buy.

Your cheapest, short-term option is to have your wheels sprayed with black "plasti-dip" which is a removable, rubbery coating. No new tires needed.

Your cheapest, long-term option is to have your wheels professionally painted black. Again, no new tires needed.

Next step up in price, you can get black wheels which will work with your current tires.

And, most expensive of all, is to get new wheels and tires.

So it somewhat depends on what you want to spend. Keep in mind though that if you do decide to get rid of your 17" wheels, there is a ready market for them (especially on this board) for folks with 19" wheels who want 17" wheels for winter tires.

Which brings up a final point. You might want to keep your wheels and use them with winter tires (I see you are in Chicago) and buy new black rims/tires for summer.

The stock rims kinda look sunk in, I'd get something with a lower offset...in the range of 35-40. It will bring the wheels outwards and a more flush appearance.

Fender flares are designed to extend slightly beyond the wheel to reduce road splash on the bodywork. That's why the wheels look "kinda sunk in". Because they are.

(burnout)
How do the Raijin's look on the CX-5? Pics?

I have RPF-1's 18x9.5 +45 with 275's as track set up on my RX-8 and I would love to get a set of Enkeis for the CX-5 as well.

We love them, right now I have the winter set up on (NC1 GT 17s spray bombed s*** graphite) I'll post picks after Chicago winter (mid may)(notcool)

FONTMOTORSPORTS
If anyone is interested i can get TWS wheels for great prices. Send me a PM if you'd like a quote for any TSW wheel. Include your Zip Code.

I threw some konig 19"x8.5" on my black cx5, used the same toyo a23 225/55 it came with, super happy with how it came out!

Also don't forget to pick up hubcentric rings(if needed) and a lug nut kit...

Attachments

• PART_1423791112088_mms_img-1244267789.jpg
    PART_1423791112088_mms_img-1244267789.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 502
Fender flares are designed to extend slightly beyond the wheel to reduce road splash on the bodywork. That's why the wheels look "kinda sunk in". Because they are.

Yeah I'm aware of that. CX-5 are sunk in a bit more and have more wheel gap than premium brands(Audi, BMW, etc). It's the one thing exterior wise that makes them look like economy CUVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back