Adjustable Mazda 2 Struts/Shocks

AWESOME! I've really been looking forward to these!

Mykflo - I have a set of H&Rs, and the drop is 1.5 front, 1.3 rear. I may go back to them when I get the CS adjustable shocks. On the H&Rs with stock dampers, I was getting the hell beat out of me in town. I've been on the Racing Beat springs for several months, and I totally love them. I don't love the ride height though. Now that the dampers will be out, moving to a lower spring is a possibility for those with concerns of ride quality (Wife no likey the harsh ride). Either way, these shocks are the best news for the 2 in a while!

My thoughts and concerns exactly. I want the best of both worlds.. nice aggressive drop and a quality ride. My wife will also be a judge on this which is the only reason i'm being so picky.. otherwise i'd have gone H&R drop a long time ago. Derrick posted that they too are going for a drop of around 1.5, so why not just pair these with the h&R springs? same drop. the only think i can think of is that they are going for a different spring rate. just speculating as we await more news.

We wanted people to be able to use the dampers with any of the springs on the market so they would not be totally dependant on the springs (stock springs too). We are tailoring the springs to be optimum with the dampers though. I was able to find a happy point to set the H&R springs with the dampers in the adjustment range they offer.

-Derrick

Hi Derrick,

Just wondering where do you stand on bump stops? are new ones going to be supplied with the adjustable shocks? if so are they OEM equivalent or uprated versions?

Cheers
Nathan

No bump stops will be supplied with the damper. We are running the OEM parts currently. I think fatcat motorsports was looking at getting something different going for the 2.

-Derrick

No bump stops will be supplied with the damper. We are running the OEM parts currently. I think fatcat motorsports was looking at getting something different going for the 2.

-Derrick

Spoke to Fat cat, see below:
323F Rock said:
"Hello,
Corksport directed me over your way,
I'm interested in some aftermarket bump stops for the Mazda 2 1.5l

Corksport are about to release some adjustable dampers and would like to compliment them with some bump stops.

I have heard that the Mazda 2 rear suspension was designed to run on the bump stops under certain circumstances. i dont know how true this is but if it is then some after market uprated ones could make the world of difference!

Many thanks
Nathan"

FatCat Motorsports said:
"Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your interest. Not knowing details on the Mazda 2 struts from Corksport, it's a safe bet that the 47mm front and 58mm red rear will be a good match.

Regards,
Shaikh"

Could corksport tie up the details of the shocks with fatcat so we can have some nice replacements (especially as they are not available as parts from mazda, you have to buy the whole strut!!!)

Thank you
:D

Our shocks fit the same bump stops as the factory shocks so fitment should be good with their recommendations.

-Derrick

Okay, so I am a little confused. I see that the project is coming along fine with a nice little pack of options. NOW, I am wondering if and when they will come out this year and what would be the final price range (dampers, springs, combo, etc.)? Thank Derrick!!!!

Okay, so I am a little confused. I see that the project is coming along fine with a nice little pack of options. NOW, I am wondering if and when they will come out this year and what would be the final price range (dampers, springs, combo, etc.)? Thank Derrick!!!!

3-4 months is the best estimate I can give for the dampers. Springs are still an unknown date.

-Derrick

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Why wont you just take my money already!!!!!

If you are sneaky you could stop by the local Mazda dealership, Jack up the B-Spec car in their display and steal the pre-production set off the car. Might be tough to get the jack in showroom with triggering suspicion though.

-Derrick

If you are sneaky you could stop by the local Mazda dealership, Jack up the B-Spec car in their display and steal the pre-production set off the car. Might be tough to get the jack in showroom with triggering suspicion though.

-Derrick

Haha very funny.. as if you guys haven't teased me long enough already... do you understand how bad I need to lower my 2? Hmmm.. just need an alibi.... haha

Hey just registered here to say you would have my $50 to reserve a set of these! They would be a perfect addition to a set of H&R springs. Keep us up to date on the predicted release date! thanks

Hey just registered here to say you would have my $50 to reserve a set of these! They would be a perfect addition to a set of H&R springs. Keep us up to date on the predicted release date! thanks

I will post up as soon as I have more information from our production team.

-Derrick

Hey Derrick. I know that Corksport sells Tein and H & R, but will you be expanding your coil inventory for when the dampers are ready?

Hey Derrick. I know that Corksport sells Tein and H & R, but will you be expanding your coil inventory for when the dampers are ready?

What other brand do you want to see? We don't have plans to except our own brand right now.

Eibach, Racing Beat, Skunk2 (if they ever look into the 2). I know you're going for the universal approach, just thought it might be easier to do the one stop shopping gig.

Eibach, Racing Beat, Skunk2 (if they ever look into the 2). I know you're going for the universal approach, just thought it might be easier to do the one stop shopping gig.

Its not very likely that we will add those brands to our catalog. We have been focusing on building more of our own parts than offering other companies.

Back