Adding leather to the CX-5

Xcalibur

:
Mazda CX-5 - GS - AWD
Anybody have experience adding leather to their car? Aftermarket install. The dealer has contacts doing the install. I have the GS/TOURING model and it doesn't have leather. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A few people here have done it and posted pictures as well. Not sure if a search will fine those threads though.

years ago I had leather put in our P5 from Classic Soft Trim. My only gripe was with the installers. They scratched the car in 2 places and the install wasn't 'perfect' in a couple areas.

Katzkin (http://katzkin.com/) is the is the big dog of aftermarket leather manufacturers and they make a beautiful product. Why don't you shop the various upholsterers in your area rather than go thru the dealer (who will add their own markup).

I added my heated leather after the fact at a detail center owned by the dealers group. It looks great and was was around $1200 before tax. And it was custom, not a kit. I got black leather with grey stitching, after reconsidering the light grey inserts I wanted. The guy at the shop told me to google "bluejean stains on light leather seats" and that convinced me to stay with the black.
I love it now, though I still would have preferred a little less dark in the interior. Only because I've been used to lighter I'm sure.

I added my heated leather after the fact at a detail center owned by the dealers group. It looks great and was was around $1200 before tax. And it was custom, not a kit. I got black leather with grey stitching, after reconsidering the light grey inserts I wanted. The guy at the shop told me to google "bluejean stains on light leather seats" and that convinced me to stay with the black.
I love it now, though I still would have preferred a little less dark in the interior. Only because I've been used to lighter I'm sure.

would love to connect with you as in BC too. hopefully, that detail center is not too far away... i'll PM you. =)

Thanks for this - living in Arizona, I really had only considered the tan interior in the GT, but this is making me think twice about that.

Anybody have experience adding leather to their car? Aftermarket install.

Not a CX-5 response, but I replaced the leather covers on my 2001 Miata in 2010. The materials came from leatherseats.com (a US company). They also sell seat staples and a staple tool which I also got so as to do the job myself. They featured a variety of colours/options, the material was higher quality than the original, and there is no warranty void when doing your own work. They encourage you to do your own, and you can email them install questions and actually get responses. In my case (two seater) the materials cost 770$ Cdn and the work took me 6 hours for the first seat, and 3.5 hours for the second (learning curve). I was quoted 650$ to just do the install by a local shop which had also advised my buying a kit rather than having the shop custom make the covers as it would be much cheaper.

At the time, Mazda quoted me 1,100$ per seat for OEM covers, NOT installed.

Brian

Back