Adding a rear spoiler?

Kags1969

:
2011 Mazda2 Sport
I purchased a sport model and was wondering how difficult it would be to add the rear spoiler from the touring model? has anyone here done that?

Thanks,
Kags

From what I see, its not available as an accessory, or an additional instillation. Can't even find any installation info, hmm...stay tuned. Usually involves removing the plastic around the rear trunk area, using some kind of template, and drilling holes...

Can you give a bit more detail on it? Where did you buy the part? Did you take any pics?

Thanks,
Kags

I bought it from the dealer. I didn't take pics the day but the template comes in the packet with instructions. If i remember correctly they drill 4 times, just make sure it's waterproofed correctly.

yeah, i was looking into this as well... anyone looked into the OEM replica wings on ebay... it's just taped on

I want to exchange spoilers, I saw several that looked okay. I wasn’t sure at first about the difference in heights on some of the spoilers.

yeah, i was looking into this as well... anyone looked into the OEM replica wings on ebay... it's just taped on

I wouldnt trust anything that u have to add on the exterior with just tape. im assuming it would be easy assuming ur buying the OEM wing but then again regardless OEM or after market its easy to install wings. always use a BLUE TAPE ( painters tape ) lay flat on the area where u trying to install the wing visually look at the HOLES for screw pattern. use a measuring tape and measure from edge to edge and mark it on the BLUE TAPE use a really small drill bit first so incase u screw up with the gap it can be adjust by using a bigger drill bit. once the wing is installed use a heavy duty doublesided tape that is thin (check 3m.com or any local hobbyshop) sum tape would act as a silicone so water wont get in. but dont qoute me on this. i always use rubber grommennts. seeing the previous post stated that the OEM has a TEMPLATE it should'nt be really that hard

At least use some really good glue if you are not going to use the screws.. Tape will NOT work!
The best glue out there is Sikaflex.. Just search on this glue via Google.. ;)

I have glued it on with Sikaflex. That is some good glue. The spoiler sits like hell. :)
Mazda wanted to screw it on, but I did not want holes in the car.
I can recomend Sikaflex. My side skirts are also glued on with Sikaflex.

Last edited:
Is there a certain Sikaflex glue(model #) that you us? Also where and how much of the glue do you use on the spoiler?
I just got a spoiler for my car and I tried the tape and is doesnt work well. I want to see if I can use the glue instead.

Back