Accessport 0-60 times, post em'

Its funny how the 09 wrx's are faster than the STi in 0-60mph. Anyone with an STI though will tell you, big f'ing deal. As soon as 60mph is achieved the STI will walk the WRX through th 1/4 mile and any other speed passed that. Its the glass 5 speed only that allows for the faster 0-60mph in the WRX. It hits 60mph in 2nd gear and makes for pretty quick times. Both the MS3 and STI need to shift into 3rd to hit 60mph.

After owning 2 WRX's in the past, I'll never buy anything other than an STI, if/when I go back to Subaru.

Anyways, I digress. To reiterate the point of the thread, this is for those with MS3's who can log their 0-60 times.

07Speedfreak, if want to play bragging rights lets log some off the roll times and see what turns up.........;)

in 09 the 5speed tranny is beefer

roll on's are for sissies

but yes the MS3 would easily walk the WRX from a roll

I "believe" I'm between 3.9- 4.1 to 60.

I DO know that I'm traveling 88 mph in 7.9 seconds (1/8th mile).

Last edited:
The new WRX's are pretty sick in the 0-60 time, i forgot witch model is faster now, but 4.6 is very respectable

Updated from previous run

Previous
SRI and BPV

New: (only one attempt with the new mount in. Not WOT shifting)
SRI, BPV, MM

I don't do these too often but I did one just the other day for fun...Had too much wheelspin in first at launch and had to let off the throttle and get back into it, but still pretty decent, for me at least.

motor mounts and good tires sure do help

yea i said lol cause i knew that was a DH **** up. ive only used the feature once but i think out of 3 runs i avged like 5.5 which isnt bad since my tires are basically stock right now. 30k on the stockers ftl

in 09 the 5speed tranny is beefer

roll on's are for sissies

but yes the MS3 would easily walk the WRX from a roll

The WRX is 1 tenth quicker in the 1/4 than the STI per Car and Driver comparisons. I suppose this means that a MS3 can also walk a STI from a roll? ;)

lol, well in that case, go eff yourself. We're talking MS3s, chief. (jerkit)

I'll have to try this DH 0-60 test myself and see what I get. I am curious.

right on! I'd have said, get the **** off this forum if you dont own a speed, but have held off on that for a few days :)

The WRX is 1 tenth quicker in the 1/4 than the STI per Car and Driver comparisons. I suppose this means that a MS3 can also walk a STI from a roll? ;)

It would be close, thats for sure. Both have almost identical gear ratios and they both put down basically the same at the wheels and the MS3 weighs 200 pounds less. In fact I would think the MS3 would actually pull on the STI.

My buddy and I did some pulls a little while back and while I was stock and he was running Cobbs stage 1, he barely pulled on me and only in the top end. Low end the MS3 always got a jump.

Your reasoning seems sound to me.

not too shabby first try...

cf4e4663.jpg

never get my AP to work right, i launch, as soon as i spin i cuts it off and gives me (-) through all the measurements.

I don't believe the dashhawk either, but I will tell you this... I graphed out my quarter mile run and given extrapolated "guesses" I am sub 5 seconds 0-60 by that measurement as well.
I did chirp the tires in third, but I don't think I spun them all the way to 60... idk, I take all that with a grain of salt. Still pretty impressive.

Its funny how the 09 wrx's are faster than the STi in 0-60mph. Anyone with an STI though will tell you, big f'ing deal. As soon as 60mph is achieved the STI will walk the WRX through th 1/4 mile and any other speed passed that. Its the glass 5 speed only that allows for the faster 0-60mph in the WRX. It hits 60mph in 2nd gear and makes for pretty quick times. Both the MS3 and STI need to shift into 3rd to hit 60mph.

After owning 2 WRX's in the past, I'll never buy anything other than an STI, if/when I go back to Subaru.

Anyways, I digress. To reiterate the point of the thread, this is for those with MS3's who can log their 0-60 times.

07Speedfreak, if want to play bragging rights lets log some off the roll times and see what turns up.........;)

my 06 sti does 0-60 in 4.5. its the fastest year tested to this point. mazdas definately arent made for 0-60. pretty much useless below 30mph

Back