A Driverless Car? Mazda Says Why Take All The Fun Out of It?

A driver-less car means it has to be pre-programmed, most likely by some wireless means such as bluetooth, GPS, or WiFi. We all know how easily it is to hack those things. I'll take my chances driving myself around.

There's enough software inside a CX-5 to make your head spin. Fortunately it must be well implemented software or it wouldn't be so stable.

yes.. but most of the software is not implemented by Mazda.
It's done by companies like Delphi, Denso, Bosch, Haldex, Mitsubishi and others.

I welcome self driving cars. I have a 45 minute one way commute to work, and sometimes I just don't feel like driving after a long day. I wouldn't mind pushing a button and just getting home.

I have a 45-50 minute commute "over the river and through the woods" that is quite satisfying, especially with the manual and a good handling vehicle. The commute is a disconnect between home and work, allowing me to either anticipate the day or unwind afterwards.

I worked in Seattle back in the '90s and thought the Washington States Ferries were not too bad - good coffee, read the paper, watch the news. But I wouldn't want to do that routinely. I do think it might open up the world for folks with disabilities that cannot otherwise get around easily.

I thank Mazda again for offering the CX-5 with a manual transmission.

Back