98' protege bucks

FC3Cturbo

:
Mazda rx7 TurboII convertible
Driving the 98' protege today *z5 automatic* and it stall'd out at a light so I started it back up. Then it proceeded to buck right when I started moving, after the car is already driving it doesn't buck but you feel flat spots even with keeping the gas pedal in one spot while crusing. It only bucks when taking off from a complete stop. After I got home the CEL popped up and I have yet to go to AutoZone to see what it says. The car has 127,000 on it, plugs and fuel filter changed 15k miles ago. I've cleaned the airflow sensor aswell. Any idea will be great, I'm not too much of a piston guy, I've pretty much just been dealing with rotaries.

It's throwing up P0300 from what I saw on the checker, random misfire. How do I go about checking the timing on one of these engines? Do I have to take off the valve cover to do so? A link to some useful timing info would be great.

have you changed your wires latley?
perhaps they are a bit old and worn, and are arcing, check that out.
also, check all your intake tubing after the MAF, and vacuum lines to be sure they arent cracked and leaking. at idle it wouldn't make alot of difference, but just off you would definitley feel it misfiring/bucking a bit...and if the leak is small enough to let you keep driving it...even a 'lower power' spot perhaps.

It tends to only do it when trying to accelerate fast from a stop (getting into traffic). While driving doing a steady speed limit it is fine now, my plugs were really clean, but kind of white with little white spots (incorrect ignition timing?)

Back