500 whp srt-4 video

nice. too many decals though. do you know what size turbo it is? or if it's stock internals, clutch, etc? any specs on it?

vindication said:
nice. too many decals though. do you know what size turbo it is? or if it's stock internals, clutch, etc? any specs on it?

this one has a built block, but the stock srt-4 bottom end is good for 450whp. here are all the specs...

IPP Cold Air Intake
Centerforce Clutch
Mopar Short Shifter
Mopar Stage 1
Booger Bushings
IPP 36 Way Dampening Coilovers
180 degree stat
exauhst depot intercooler pipes
Greddy Type RS Bov
ED 3" Turboback Exauhst
ED 3" Race Pipe
Crane Fire Wires
Ngk Plugs
Screaming Demond Coilpaq
T3T4 GT40R Dual BB Turbo
Agp Manifold
Turbonetics evolution wastegate
rising rate regulator
Walboro 250 lph fuel pump
psi-fi fuel return kit
Rc engineering 750 cc injectors
Agp front mount intercooler
msd tach adapter
greddy profec e01 ebc
greddy emanage
iceman throttle body
Powder coated Valve cover
Powder coated ported and polished fw motion intake manifold.
Rage technologies control Bushings
Weisco 8.5-1 Forged Pistons
Liquid Filled Oil Preass gauge
Ruthless Carbon Radiator cover
Innovate lm-1 wideband

wow, nice list. how much would you say this cost? I wanna compare this build cost to ddogg77's build cost cause he should be at 500hp too.

<--- goes to look for the video of a 500 hp SRT-4 blowing a chunk of it's engine bay and all of it's oil halfway down the quarter mile, and still running a 12.

^lol..... i remember that video! yellow one right?
it's safe to say it would take about $5,000-8,000 to make a 500whp srt-4.

damn, I think the shop they are in is Speedesign, which is right up the street from me(graphics place). The title of the vid IS "coming home from MD" and the one guy's voice in it sounds just like John, the owner...

pretty bad ass car no doubt. I think it actually looks understated compared to some outlandish s*** Ive seen on some SRT-4s...they even ditched the wing inf avor of a cf trunk(2thumbs)

500 hp FWD car...hmm can you say pointless? 500 hp RWD car is a bit different.

Is this a new one or is this steve anderson's old SRT-4? Not that it matters if it was me I would upgrade thinks so the car can take 500 hp. But the tranny is still FWD unfortunately :(

amazing as in nice engine good engineering. Not so amazing if you are into real racing.

Last edited:
what's your definition of real racing?

on a track, in its class(fwd obviously ;)) this thing will pwn

protegeV said:
what's your definition of real racing?

on a track, in its class(fwd obviously ;)) this thing will pwn

Tests everything on a car including the driver's skill.

I dont see any break upgrades to control 500 hp. Of course when you go in a straight line you dont have to break. Theres a reason why a porsche Carrera GT has some of the most amazing breaks fited on a road going car. Or the Mclaren's Mercedes SLR breaking ability.

Sure on a drag stip it would rule but the FWD aspect is not the most efficent as in loss of tracktion. Are muscle cars FWD? Any of the Top fuel dragster FWD? No way is a 500 hp SRT-4 goign to run the same time as a 500 hp Viper or Enzo on street tires (obviously the torque differnce). And the Enzo has the engine mid mounted to get better tracktion and superior downforce over the viper. those cars are ment to handle 500 hp. Engineered for 500 hp. A protege or a neon is not. But I guess you can do it for braging rights. i guess I see balance as the key to a good race car...not power.

Example would be in Europe and Japan a car is judge by 0-60-0, lateral gs, sloam numbers and etc. in america its how much power (hp) and whats the 1/4 mile time.

honestly I would be satisfied withthe stock performance of a SRT-4 and upgrade its suspention and all round responsivness. Powerwise I would stop at stage 3. The MSP i would like the same stock hp in the SRT-4 or at max 300 hp. But thats just me. The torque #s on the SRT-4 show that this car was ment to be more of a dragster then anything else...along with mopar's tradition of sick drag cars. Torque is your best friend in drag racing. but then again I know how addictive power can be...and you always crave more.

Last edited:
uh, first of all...its called "drag racing" ;)

second, SRTs can spend $1000 in suspension mods to an MSP's $3000 in motor mods and the SRT will win...

protegeV said:
uh, first of all...its called "drag racing" ;)

second, SRTs can spend $1000 in suspension mods to an MSP's $3000 in motor mods and the SRT will win...

I know its called "drag racing" which is what I said.

my bad I didnt realize SRT-4s were so amazing. I would definately take one over a Enzo now. Let me trade in my POS Protege...the MAzdaslow protege for a SRT-4. Please....$1000 wont even get you mopar coilovers. maybe thicker sway bars. But when did supention tunning mean putting on coilovers and calling it quits?

Thank you for the comment as now i realize the truth!

im sorry the SRT-4 is the best car ever made. it is capable of 5 million hp in stock form and can turn on a dime. Looks way hotter then Ferrari 360 and if you bolt wings on it can go 5 times the speed of sound. It can out perform a F1 car. Now lets all take a time to ask the pope to induct the SRT-4 into saint hood.. st. SRT-4

im not even being sarcastic I hate my car now. im gonna go to bob dance Dodge and ask for a trade in because you can get 500 hp from a SRT-4 and with $1000 handle better then the MSP...so that makes the MSP complete s***.

thanks for the enlightment...GOD DO I HATE MY POS PROTEGE...MAZDASLOW!!!!!! BOOM BOOM BOOM!

im gonna say this now becasue my word is LAW!

SRT-4>MSP you heard it form spacemonkey...everyone is right and should trade in the MSP for a SRT-4. I highly sugest everyone do this while the neon is still in production.

im dead serious I hate my car after being on this forum..all this negative s*** on this forum. no one is proud of their MSP anymore.. and so am I. im sick of this POS car. i remember when the MSP 1st came out people loved it (road and track even said it was one of the best handling FWD car in their grip issue)...now it truely is a POS. aparently you can have the handling and power in a SRT-4 what the **** was I thinking. Okay later guys Check out the forum for my new SRT-4 in the future.

I guess this article was a shame and didnt mean anything:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=221&page_number=1

******* sucks i hate Mazda. Dodge is what I want from now on.

Last edited:
Sorry for that post but I really dont think my car is God. Im dead serious about the MSP. I hate it...end of story. Bye have a nice day everyone. Its by no means "god" but a klunking, LSD blowing, engine blowing POS. "God" hiimself would be driving a 500 hp SRT-4. Again im not being sarcastic...im being serious.

no pride once so ever for this car.

I feel you. I went and testdrove a SRT4 earlier today. Prices are finally in a reasonable area for a used 03. Just need to find a buyer for the MP3 now.

Back