+42 wheels having trouble fitting with rolled fenders?!

mxjosh82

:
03.5 MAZDASPEED Protege
Hey guys I have some 17x7 wheels with a +42 offset that are rubbing over bumps with a decent load in the car (4 decent sized guys) WITH having my rear fenders rolled. Anyone have a suggestions for me to help with my problem? Maybe negative rear camber?

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

^+1
Same problem with stock rear height, but I'm +45 17x7.5 stock tire size. my fenders are not rolled.

i just test fitted my works (17x7.5 +42) with 215/45-17 tires on a friends car with rear fenders that were not rolled. He had coilovers with some rear camber and they fit nicely. You should have no problem fitting a +42 on a 7" wide wheel without camber. He had spaces on his stock rh's making the offset +47 and he still had tons of space in the rear. Are you running a bigger tire? if so that could be the problem

I've seen multiple run this size, my question is what do they do in order to do it with out complications like I am having? I had mazda 6 wheels on this with 225's with zero problems, but I believe those were +45's.

Would installing a rear camber kit help in anyone opinion?

Last edited:
Im running 17x7.5+40 Volks with 225/45 tire but I am maxed camber all around and rub some in the front.

Think 205's stretched a little will clear with out a problem? I found a set super cheap I could snag.

Back