4-Door Cargo Net Hooks

MASTERNC

:
04 Mazda 3i 5-speed (Strato Blue)
Anyone having a problem keeping the bottom two hooks in place for their sedan cargo net? Mine came out today and I can't seem to get them back in (the threads won't grab on anything). I'll have to keep working on it, but is there any way to keep the hooks from coming out so easily?

Stupid Design...

MASTERNC said:
Anyone having a problem keeping the bottom two hooks in place for their sedan cargo net? Mine came out today and I can't seem to get them back in (the threads won't grab on anything). I'll have to keep working on it, but is there any way to keep the hooks from coming out so easily?

Mine haven't come out yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. It's a really rediculous design.

The bottom ones don't actually thread into anything - there are some rubber grommets that expand behind the plastic piece you're pushing them through. As you "tighten" the hook into place the rubber part expands to a point that it's supposed to keep the hook from pulling back through the hole.

I guess they only put the threaded ones on the top since they are essentially bearing all the load. I would much prefer to have the threaded ones on the bottom too though...

If your dealer installed it - take it back to them.

On a related note, I wasn't so sure where to drill the hole even after looking at the manual that came with it. We have a 06 4-door. Does it have to be very precise in location?

It doesn't have to be precise. Somewhere near the bottom will be fine. Just make sure that where you are drilling, there is some space on the backside of the panel for the screw part of the hook to stick through.

Back