3m carbon fiber wrap...

this has the same style adhesive as 3M clear bra's...it aint going know where if applied properly...IE...my air ducts...

IMG_3230.jpg

Been done but on a Subaru
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEVQLYV0jQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEVQLYV0jQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Got an email this morning and apparently my wraps are on there way

Hopefully I'll see it in 2 weeks time :( now the waiting game begins

After seeing more and more pics and vids of this stuff, I'm not liking it to much. I'm starting to think it looks to much like poor man's Carbon Fibre.

I was thinking of doing a few parts on the inside, but I have to0 much real stuff and this would just throw my whole rice factor right out of the cooker.....

Yeah... this might be something I'm gonna look into, but have to be careful...

I'm not into doing anything permanent to this car, so I'd like to see more reviews on pulling it off, especially on interior trim pieces...

Anyone do this on their sill panels and trim around the aluminum part that says "Mazdaspeed"? I think that would look SICK!

808 awesome job on the covering the switches I had some trouble with that, everything thing looks good what you did. Yeah pictures just don't do it for this stuff only in person is when you see how great this 3m cf is

omfg, just hit me. im buying some of this stuff next weekend. and doing the inside of my head lights. mmmmmm.

omfg, just hit me. im buying some of this stuff next weekend. and doing the inside of my head lights. mmmmmm.

post some pics.... i was thinking about doing the headlights.... it's going to be tuff for sure

808 awesome job on the covering the switches I had some trouble with that, everything thing looks good what you did. Yeah pictures just don't do it for this stuff only in person is when you see how great this 3m cf is

start from the inside first... then work your way towards the outside... so make sure you piece is bigger than the cover itself... it was quite tedious

How does the 3m stuff compare to real CF when placed side by side? I can see doing the interior with only the 3m wrap and having it look good. But what if you already have some DGM parts installed? Would it look weird to have DGM parts and 3m wrapped parts side by side?

did another piece today... the trunk garnish thingy... well that's what it's called in the shop manual...

How does the 3m stuff compare to real CF when placed side by side? I can see doing the interior with only the 3m wrap and having it look good. But what if you already have some DGM parts installed? Would it look weird to have DGM parts and 3m wrapped parts side by side?

there's a few picture in a few posts back with it next to some dg stuff... even in one of my pictures you can see the difference... i know there some dg stuff in one of them

Last edited:
are you (or anyone here whos bought the 3m CF) planning to clearcoat the pieces you have wrapped?

Back