2023 CX-5 Rear accessory socket always powered on - question

sloniupl

Mazda CX-5 Homura 2,5 NA AWD
I have 2023 CX-5 and i found user guide with information that center and rear accessory socket is always powered on:

1708457676376.png

https://www.mazdausa.com/static/manuals/2023/cx-5/contents/06040400.html

But after testing on my car all 3 accessory sockets provide power only after ACC is on. Is that something that can be changed - i would love to use my trunk socket while ACC is off?

You might check with your dealer and ask them why the sockets in your car don't work as described in the owner's manual. It may be possible that this is somethng that dealers can program but if so it's something I haven't heard about.

I think it's just a matter of specific wording like how they describe the front. ACC will give power. So if ignition is past ACC, then regardless of ignition on or off, you will have power because of ACC.

I think it's just a matter of specific wording like how they describe the front. ACC will give power. So if ignition is past ACC, then regardless of ignition on or off, you will have power because of ACC.
My 2024 works as described in the manual, center and rear sockets always on.

It may be possible that this is somethng that dealers can program
No, the sockets are wired directly to the fuse box. This may be a difference between country-specific builds(?)

In any case @sloniupl, it should be possible to rewire/jumper inside the fuse box to source an always-on supply for the socket. I did this in our 2014 CX-5, but the opposite way (making an always-on socket -> switched accessory power). Writeup here to give you an idea: Mod: Convert center-console 12V socket to Switched (Accessory) operation

Both of my CX5 ('17 and '22) work as the manual describes.

Center console socket is always on.
I used it often to pump air into tires.
Front socket is switched.

I agree. This could be country-specific.
Mine are US models.

Both of my CX5 ('17 and '22) work as the manual describes.

Center console socket is always on.
I used it often to pump air into tires.
Front socket is switched.

I agree. This could be country-specific.
Mine are US models.
The same applies to both of my CX-5's ('20 & '22), Canadian models.

No, the sockets are wired directly to the fuse box. This may be a difference between country-specific builds(?)

In any case @sloniupl, it should be possible to rewire/jumper inside the fuse box to source an always-on supply for the socket. I did this in our 2014 CX-5, but the opposite way (making an always-on socket -> switched accessory power). Writeup here to give you an idea: Mod: Convert center-console 12V socket to Switched (Accessory) operation
thanks will check it out.

Back