2022 CX-5 rear bumper, glossy side trim or wheel trim fit on 2021?

Front and rear bumpers are different. If by side trim, you mean the trim at the bottom of the doors, that and the plastic wheel liners look identical in shape.

Instead of paying a lot of money for some plastic trim, you can wrap factory trim in a high quality gloss black vinyl. A number of CX-5 owners have done this with the chrome grille and side chrome trim.

Last edited:
I know physically the bumpers are are different, but I'm not sure if the actual car frame is different. What I'm asking is if are interchangeable since I think they use the same mounting points.

With the changes to the shapes of the grill and taillights, it is unlikely they will be a direct swap. I haven't seen any other posts of folks trying to do this. If you went with the new front bumper and currently have fog lights, you would also lose them as they don't have them on the 22's.

the front chassis is prety simple actually. Doubt they changed much but you never know.

600C15B6-A87D-47E7-9F94-150C1CAE1C1C.jpeg

I don't think they changed the chassis at all. Just the panels attached to it. They reshaped the grill, headlights and bumpers.

Latest posts

Back