2022 CX-5 can roll down windows from remote!

Not being able to roll down the windows with the remote has always been a pet peeve of mine since I bough my Mazda. My previous Nissans had this feature, even my old 2002 Pathfinder had it. Many other makes have the same feature. I expressed my disappointment with Mazda to the sales rep at the time I bought it.
Now, does this mean only the 2022 has this feature, or is this feature "buried" in older models? I'll have to try it later with my 2017.

Not being able to roll down the windows with the remote has always been a pet peeve of mine since I bough my Mazda. My previous Nissans had this feature, even my old 2002 Pathfinder had it. Many other makes have the same feature. I expressed my disappointment with Mazda to the sales rep at the time I bought it.
Now, does this mean only the 2022 has this feature, or is this feature "buried" in older models? I'll have to try it later with my 2017.
Apparently only the 2022s have it. It only rolls down the windows, it doesn't roll them back up.

The window thing with the remote, as far as I know, only rolls them down. I don't know of any model where you can roll them back up with the remote...HOWEVER, on my Nissans, I could still roll them back up, using my door key. In fact I could roll them down or up with the key in the door. Turn and hold the key in the unlock position, and they'd go down. Turn and hold the key in the lock position, and they'd roll back up. No need to get in the car and turn on the ignition. It was a great feature that I used a lot, especially on hot days.

The window thing with the remote, as far as I know, only rolls them down. I don't know of any model where you can roll them back up with the remote...HOWEVER, on my Nissans, I could still roll them back up, using my door key. In fact I could roll them down or up with the key in the door. Turn and hold the key in the unlock position, and they'd go down. Turn and hold the key in the lock position, and they'd roll back up. No need to get in the car and turn on the ignition. It was a great feature that I used a lot, especially on hot days.
New Toyotas roll them up and down, but the dealer needs to manually enable it. My dad had a 2009 Honda Euro Accord (Acura TSX) also did it, and as far as I remember it also opened/closed the sunroof.
When the ignition is off you can control the windows for a couple of seconds. But my CX-5 disables the auto roll-up option in this case, probably because the anti-pinch sensor is connected to the ignition. As a result you can't roll up the windows from the remote because the car can't activate the anti-pinch sensor.

Press the unlock button on the fob 4 times and keep holding on the fourth! I don’t know how this is not included in the manual!

Uh, oh, a Tesla-like easter egg? Not really. If some buttons are pushed in a certain sequence a Model X will do this:

Cool except for the hair in the paint, and body panels that don't fit, and 8 recalls already on 2022's.

Can't wait to try this! I was always jealous that our '06 Honda could do this and my much newer CX-5 couldn't.

I'm also on the CR-V forum, where this "feature" has been available for quite some time. You may be surprised by how many posts are complaining about not having the ability to disable it. It seems, a lot of people are finding their windows down and sunroof open for no apparent reason. The issue turns out to be inadvertent button pushes on the fob while in their pockets, or purses.

Good luck with this!

I'm also on the CR-V forum, where this "feature" has been available for quite some time. You may be surprised by how many posts are complaining about not having the ability to disable it. It seems, a lot of people are finding their windows down and sunroof open for no apparent reason. The issue turns out to be inadvertent button pushes on the fob while in their pockets, or purses.

Good luck with this!
Honestly, if I manage to accidentally press the unlock button three times in a row, and then somehow manage to press a fourth time and not let go; I won't blame Mazda.
I've had my 2022 for 6 months, and I didn't even know this was a feature until yesterday.

Honestly, if I manage to accidentally press the unlock button three times in a row, and then somehow manage to press a fourth time and not let go; I won't blame Mazda.
I've had my 2022 for 6 months, and I didn't even know this was a feature until yesterday.
Yeah, it's a very small minority of people that it happens to. They're usually first time posters looking to see if anyone else has seen the issue. I will guarantee that someone down the road will come here and complain of it, though. :)

I tried this on my 2018 CX-9, knowing that it probably wouldn't work, but still hoping it would. Would be nice to roll down the windows as I approach the car to let the cabin air out a bit. Unfortunately it doesn't work for the 2018 CX-9 either lol

I tried this on my 2018 CX-9, knowing that it probably wouldn't work, but still hoping it would. Would be nice to roll down the windows as I approach the car to let the cabin air out a bit. Unfortunately it doesn't work for the 2018 CX-9 either lol
womp womp womp

Back