2021 CX-9 Wireless Charger: Part number and retrofit?

warwick5s

:
18 CX9
Does anyone have the part number of the wireless charger that's supposedly available with the '21 CX-9's?

2021-mazda-cx-9-wireless-charging-pad.jpg

I'm using the Carlinkit wireless CarPlay adapter (which has been working mostly fine so far, although if there's some way to add native wireless to the "old" infotainment I'd love to hear it) but still have to plug in to charge, and in the times where my wife's also plugged in up front using the USB charging passthru on the Carlinkit adapter seems to confuse it.

I've found that the wireless charger is useless for me. for 1: I have to take my case off of my phone. 2: It takes multiple tries to get it to start charging. 3: The first turn I take, the phone slides and moves off the charging area. They could of designed that better, maybe even adding felt to keep it from sliding. or better yet, having it on a level surface instead of angled like that.

Upvote 0
Since you mentionned retrofitting native wireless CarPlay, I had started a thread on that specific subject.

Not much info in there yet, but it looks like it is possible by changing the CMU, some users have had success doing it on the Miata.

Upvote 0
I've found that the wireless charger is useless for me. for 1: I have to take my case off of my phone. 2: It takes multiple tries to get it to start charging. 3: The first turn I take, the phone slides and moves off the charging area. They could of designed that better, maybe even adding felt to keep it from sliding. or better yet, having it on a level surface instead of angled like that.

Agree 100%. And because there is really no other "junk" storage locations, that is where my masks, cards, etc go. Just useless.

Upvote 0
Since you mentionned retrofitting native wireless CarPlay, I had started a thread on that specific subject.

Not much info in there yet, but it looks like it is possible by changing the CMU, some users have had success doing it on the Miata.
Huh, thanks for the link! Having to replace the CMU is way too expensive of an undertaking just to get wireless CarPlay. I would *maybe* upgrade the CMU if I could get the most current MazdaConnect as well but I'm not going to hold out hope on that one.

If I could get the part number for the wireless charging tray I'd at least install it and see how it works.

Upvote 0
Yeah it is an expensive bit to change. As far as i know only the old mazda connect has wireless carplay, which is why it is only available on the mazda 6, miata and canadian CX-9. Wireless carplay with the new mazda connect may come for 2022, who knows..

Upvote 0
Back