2021 CX-5 amplifier hidden installation ideas?

Hi all, I am looking to replace the awful stock speakers bit I realized i have to install an amp as well.

With 3 children I need all the space in the trunk and under the seats so I am looking for a recommendation on smallest amplifier (maybe the alpine ktp-445u?) and then a place to rack it which is not the trunk or under the seat (anyone able to mount amp in dash?).

I guess once I will understand this one, the speaker choice will be easy.

Would love to hear your ideas, thanks!

Don't know if you're opposed to it, but there's a spot under the main dashboard between Driver/Passenger. If you remove the panels, there's quite a bit of space for a small amplifier. Right now, I have a bunched up power cable just waiting to be connected to an amp. Of course, it's not hooked up to the battery with the ends electrical taped.

He said he does NOT want to put under the seats because he needs the space for his children's stuff.

Yeah he needs to rethink that. :) Honestly the 7 x 4 x 2 inches these amps are going to use is very small...What ever kid stuff can be held in a seat organizer.

https://tinyurl.com/42k6v3a8
I guess if that is not an option...Pull up the center console and shove an amp below that.
A bit unreasonable to not mount below the seat if you can. Great spot IMO, especially when tuning the audio system or needing to make changes. I'm considering suspending mine under the seat, just haven't figured out how I'm going to do it yet. Whatever goes under the driver seat tend to be... kiddos' feet. Being without kids, I find wrappers, water bottles, and what not under there. A spontaneous Chic Fil A sauces tend to get down there when my girl drives. xD

Starting to stray off topic.. but protecting a class D amplifier is trivial as they don't require the massive air flow class A/B do. Get a plastic box with a lid a bit bigger dimensions than that of the amp, don't use the lid, turn it over, maybe drill a few air holes, and use L brackets to fasten down. Not rocket surgery.

What kind of plastic? good question:

Don't want to cover the entire amplifier.. make simple end caps to protect the electrical connections

Not the exact thing you need but you get the idea, easy to modify and mount.

REALLY concerned about the amplifier (little Billy spill the big gulp?)
get a marine rated amplifier

I am always up for creative installs, but first I ask what problem needs to be solved.

I mean come on if this guy can put a fishtank in his car with a nice sound system

There is a way to mount an amplifier under a front seat with small kids, kicking feet, and the slush from winter snow.

Back