2021.5 CX-9 Infotainment Question

Hi,

Canadian owner here. Looks like the mid-year refresh is the US spec infotainment.

Does anyone know if we can reflash the infotainment to the new one?

Thanks!

I’m going to take a guess and say it won’t be compatible. Having come from a 2018 6 with the older system to the newer system in my 2021 CX-9, the displays/menus are optimized for the wider screen. It’s not just graphics, there are subtle difference in menu options as well that may or may not be linked to other mechanical or hardware updates behind the scenes.

For example, with the newer system you can adjust how intense the Bose Centerpoint effect is - not just on/off. In my 6, I could adjust the sensitivity of the Lane Keep warning but not in the CX-9. The CX-9 offers in car WiFi (you have to purchase a plan through AT&T)...though I’m not sure if this is new for 2021. Mazda doesn’t advertise this feature. Actually, Mazda doesn’t market the CX-9 much at all . . . Tangent :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting. It uses an entirely new screen, so upgrading older model is very unlikely. I wonder if that means that the 2021 will lose wireless carplay. Since this was only available with the old style infotainment system in Canada.

Upvote 0
That was a question asked by many on Mazda Canada's IG post about the mid-year updates (can I update to the new infotainment?). According to them, unfortunately you can't.

Upvote 0
I just updated my 2018 CX9 firmware - 59.00.502 NA N > 70.00.335 NA N. Still having issues with bluetooth. Not sure what may cause it but everything else is fine. I also went to a dealer - Canada - to see how much it would cost to install the Apple/Android system. $500 included the firmware update to latest version. I'm not 100% sure but isnt 70.00.335 NA N as far as i can take the OS on a 2018? They wouldnt do kit unless update was done through dealer. looks like i'll have to install the system on my own. what is the best kit make to use? Dealer? What have most been using? TY

Upvote 0
Back