2020 CX-9: Sluggish Infotainment

Hello. Just recently purchased a 2020 Mazda CX-9 GT. I've noticed shortly after purchasing that the infotainment system is very slow and sluggish. It's most noticeable at when starting the car. It' takes anywhere from 30 second to 2 minutes to load the main screen. I do have the built in Mazda maps. Also, there are many times when the system has a hard time re-connecting to my phone via bluetooth after cycling through on/off of the car. Lastly, I've also noticed that the infotainment will not retain certain settings such as the height of the "heads up display" when cycling through on/off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Make sure you have the latest firmware on the infotainment system. The latest version I believe is 70.00.367A. Check out the below thread for more info.

Make sure you have the latest firmware on the infotainment system. The latest version I believe is 70.00.367A. Check out the below thread for more info.
Thanks for the advice. My firmware is at version 70.00.352. I will take a stab at updating it later tonight.

That's definitely not normal. I have a 2018 and I've never updated the infotainment, and mine boots up in maybe 15 seconds, with bluetooth audio connected about 20-30 seconds after start-up. If the problem persists, I'd take it back to the dealer and have them troubleshoot and diagnose.

My 2019 GT FWD takes about 45 seconds to a minute to boot. If you try and use the satellite radio or nav before it is finished it's locked up on me a couple times requiring an engine shutdown and restart to remedy. I can't remember the 3 button manual system reboot sequence. I've learned to live with it.

My 2019 GT FWD takes about 45 seconds to a minute to boot. If you try and use the satellite radio or nav before it is finished it's locked up on me a couple times requiring an engine shutdown and restart to remedy. I can't remember the 3 button manual system reboot sequence. I've learned to live with it.

Hi 11E20, fyi the button combination is "back+nav+mute"

Since update the firmware, I've noticed that things have speed up slightly.

Back