2020 CX-5 With Bose Subwoofer Install

I want to add a subwoofer to this car but I want to tap into the wires before the Bose Amp. Does anyone know the colors or wiring diagram on what wires are what before the Bose Amp? I have heard that tapping into the wires after the Bose Amp like the door speakers is not the best way to go as the signal is being processed by the Bose Amp.

@Jpaetz Have a quick look at this in the cx5 forums it will help you and you can use the plugs as shown as plug and play on input side of amp to save having to splice into factory wiring I believe - just check input wiring same as shown in diagrams - Phil

Upvote 0
Ps - to some degree there will be some bass roll off even wiring in before Bose amp ( cuts around 45hz approx from head unit) I am afraid the only way around this is either use a DSP or drastically change head unit !!) I opted to fit an Helix DSP and set up via their software supplied. Just depends how low you want your bass - 30 - 35hz this probably the options available - there are loads of discussions on the forums per the use of DSP,s and there is also a video review of the Helix DSP on YouTube
My DSP has been used to trim my rear door speakers , tweeters and sub and really opens up the possibilities of trimming to your own taste as well as the adjustability of the sound stage ( vital for centre stage when sitting in driver position - wifey doesn’t get a look or hear in haha

Cheers Phil UK 🇬🇧

Upvote 0
Ps - to some degree there will be some bass roll off even wiring in before Bose amp ( cuts around 45hz approx from head unit) I am afraid the only way around this is either use a DSP or drastically change head unit !!) I opted to fit an Helix DSP and set up via their software supplied. Just depends how low you want your bass - 30 - 35hz this probably the options available - there are loads of discussions on the forums per the use of DSP,s and there is also a video review of the Helix DSP on YouTube
My DSP has been used to trim my rear door speakers , tweeters and sub and really opens up the possibilities of trimming to your own taste as well as the adjustability of the sound stage ( vital for centre stage when sitting in driver position - wifey doesn’t get a look or hear in haha

Cheers Phil UK 🇬🇧
'21 CX-5 w/ bose here. Have you measured the signal coming out of the head unit? I pig-tailed off the sub wires in the trunk for adding an aftermarket sub, signal was definitely rolled off. I then used a GM Bose harness and T'd off right before the bose amp, signal was still rolled off/processed. I'm trying to find someone who's used an RTA on the wires before the TAU to definitively answer if the head unit is putting out a flat signal or not, and whether or not the signal is being processed by the TAU and/or Bose amp. At this point my next step is to make a cheap RTA and probe prior to the TAU and hope that it's coming out the head unit flat.

Upvote 0
They do an RTA on the sub output from the amp on this video from the KE cx5, advertising the Kicker Key auto-DSP adjustment.

1682229856928.png

the lowest frequency on the graph is 31.5hz, so at least on the older CX-5's there is a bit of a roll-off. I assume that they didn't change much on the KF models.

Upvote 0
Back