2020 CX-30 vs 2021 CX-30: Saving a few thousand

Is it worth it to save a few thousand and get a 2020 CX-30 <3000 miles vs the 2021?

I would be getting the AWD model with Select or Preferred trim.

Last edited:
IMHO, it depends on how long you plan to keep it, and how much $$$ off. For 3000 miles, I would ask for $4k off (at least), compared to a 2021, comparably equipped.

Upvote 0
As long as the 2020 wasn't abused in any way and looks great, I don't see why not. Just make sure you compare prices to all others in the area, including any possible deals on 2021 models. You might wind up finding a 2021 a dealer is willing to negotiate on. Kind of doubt it with the chip shortage and all. Also avoid Carvana, CarMax, and the like, as they will likely price 2020s close to newer prices from the get go. Car is still too new for it to drop off much in price.

Another thing to note is that the Preferred trims differ a bit from the 2020 and 2021 models. 2021 Preferred models lack Sirius XM and the BOSE radio, but did add a sunroof.

Upvote 0
With test cars, I always worry how poorly they are treated. If it comes from a reputable source (friend or colleagues car) and they broke it in properly, why not.

Upvote 0
Back