2019 Mazda CX-9 GT pricing and question

Hi,

I am a new Mazda owner and just got my 2019 cx9 GT this week.

My car is AWD in grey and it has a really low mileage at 2900. It is not a CPO(get from SHIFT) but I have it inspected at local dealer for multipoints inspection and the condition is great. Also, it is still in warranty so CPO warranty is probably not that important.

Overall, I like it but do have some questions and wish to get some suggestions.
1. The car is sold at $33950 plus a $1250 dealer fee. I am not sure if it is reasonable for a 2019 model at bay area , CA. I browsed online used car inventory nearby and do see 2020 GT are selling at $34K ~ 35K, however which are mostly FWD.
I do have 7 days testing period so I can still return this car. Do you think a 2020 model FWD would be a better choice over this 2019 AWD if price and mileage are close?

2. I see model 2020+ are now equipped with 2nd row coach seat. Is it a great update over 2019 bench seat? Not sure about Pros and I do realize coach seat makes total people capacity smaller.

3. Is 2020 model's carplay/Android auto still touchscreen disabled? This is really one big point I dislike.

If you have any other suggestions or questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I am a new Mazda owner and just got my 2019 cx9 GT this week.

My car is AWD in grey and it has a really low mileage at 2900. It is not a CPO(get from SHIFT) but I have it inspected at local dealer for multipoints inspection and the condition is great. Also, it is still in warranty so CPO warranty is probably not that important.
My only concerns with used vehicles are whether it was involved in an accident or has a rebuilt title. If none of those apply, and you've done your due diligence with a dealer inspection, then I would not worry too much about it.
Overall, I like it but do have some questions and wish to get some suggestions.
1. The car is sold at $33950 plus a $1250 dealer fee. I am not sure if it is reasonable for a 2019 model at bay area , CA. I browsed online used car inventory nearby and do see 2020 GT are selling at $34K ~ 35K, however which are mostly FWD.
I do have 7 days testing period so I can still return this car. Do you think a 2020 model FWD would be a better choice over this 2019 AWD if price and mileage are close?
With the torque on the 2.5T engine, I prefer AWD.
2. I see model 2020+ are now equipped with 2nd row coach seat. Is it a great update over 2019 bench seat? Not sure about Pros and I do realize coach seat makes total people capacity smaller.
This is a personal preference. I prefer the 2nd row bench seat since the CX-9 is not really as spacious as it looks and the added utility of a 2nd-row bench seat is better for me.
3. Is 2020 model's carplay/Android auto still touchscreen disabled? This is really one big point I dislike.
Going by my 2019 Signature, touchscreen is enabled when the vehicle is stationary and disabled when in motion. I think the 2021 is completely disabled, but I could be wrong.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, please let me know.

Thanks
Enjoy your vehicle. If the 2021 Signature still had the Auburn seats and 2nd-row bench, I would trade-in mine just because of the Infotainment system. That's the only thing I do not like about my 2019 Signature. Otherwise, it is perfect.

IMO, FWD vs AWD is dependent on the kind of weather the car will be seeing. If you plan to drive it in the snow, for example, the AWD will be nice to have (but still not necessary). AWD may also help with resale value in the future.

The captain's chairs are not standard in newer models. Default configuration is the bench seat, with the option to upgrade to captain's chairs for free. The Signature is the only trim level that has captain's chairs as standard equipment with no option for a bench seat. Personally, I prefer the bench seat.

My only concerns with used vehicles are whether it was involved in an accident or has a rebuilt title. If none of those apply, and you've done your due diligence with a dealer inspection, then I would not worry too much about it.

With the torque on the 2.5T engine, I prefer AWD.

This is a personal preference. I prefer the 2nd row bench seat since the CX-9 is not really as spacious as it looks and the added utility of a 2nd-row bench seat is better for me.

Going by my 2019 Signature, touchscreen is enabled when the vehicle is stationary and disabled when in motion. I think the 2021 is completely disabled, but I could be wrong.

Enjoy your vehicle. If the 2021 Signature still had the Auburn seats and 2nd-row bench, I would trade-in mine just because of the Infotainment system. That's the only thing I do not like about my 2019 Signature. Otherwise, it is perfect.

Thanks for your carefully quoted responses. Want to confirm with you about Android Auto/ car play.
My Mazda Navigation is touchable when the car is stationary. However, the Google map in Android auto is not no matter it is in driving or stationary.

Thanks for your carefully quoted responses. Want to confirm with you about Android Auto/ car play.
My Mazda Navigation is touchable when the car is stationary. However, the Google map in Android auto is not no matter it is in driving or stationary.
Carplay touchscreen controls are enabled when vehicle is stationary. Unfortunately, I do not have an Android device to use for testing.

Back