2019 CX-5 Signature Infotainment Issues

I’m having two issues with the infotainment system on my 2019 signature CX5:

1. About once every three months the infotainment system spontaneously reboots when I’m driving.

2. Upon startup the 360 degree view during backup takes about 20 seconds to engage every now and then. This is a problem when I’m backing out of a tight space in an underground garage. This doesn’t happen all the time. It’s intermittent. 20 seconds doesn’t sound like a long time But it is especially when someone is waiting for my space. I love the 360 but ito kind of useless if it doesn’t engage immediately.

my dealership has been unable to resolve either of these issues.
has anyone else experienced this?

JB20,
Do you have factory GPS SD card?
Try to clean the contacts.

Just yesterday, the one on our '16 Mazda6 was acting up.
I soft-rebooted it three times. No go.
The GPS froze after taking a long time to show the map.

I cleaned it up with rubbing alcohol a few times once I got home.
Today, I plugged it in. The GPS booted up in 5 seconds.

Bad SD card contact is one of the common suspects in this system.
:(

You can try updating to 70.00.367 or the most recent version, 74.00.230. These should address the issues you’re having. At a minimum they certainly speed up the system a bit.

if its a warranty issue/claim usually dealer does it for free. Yours 2019 should be still under warranty, check with the dealer on the issue you reported and ask for firmware update for free. Otherwise they usually charge for this unless part of a confirmed concern/issue with the infotainment.

For the sdcard, it can be copied 1:1 to a new sdcard, say some fast samsung sd or similar. And the new copy can be used in the same car.

Thank you. Do I do this or does the dealer
If you are having issues the dealer will do this for you. Having said that, it certainly is easy enough to do it. Took me 20 minutes, of which 2 minutes total, actually required me to do anything (the other 18 minutes you can leave it unattended).

I had intermittent rebooting issues with version 70.00.367, when using AA. So far so good with version 74.00.230.

Back