2019 CX-5 nearing end of BtoB warranty: What to do before it ends? Tips?

Also my friend is a district service manager for Mazda. I trust him 1000%. He told me to do the Rear Diff every 60K. He told me this AFTER I had the rear diff done at 30K and it cost $89. $750 for that service and a brake flush is highway robbery. You need to be done with this dealer....
Wait there's a front differential? He never even mentioned that to me.

Thank you. I do already have a card reader. Puzzled a little though at your suggestion. Are you saying get the card reader so I can plug car's SD into my computer to download updates myself? (Logical) I've been told I can go to Mazda site and do just that myself, but wouldn't it be better to have the dealer do this for free at my next LOF visit, (which will be just prior to "3 years"). ????
Seems the dealers rarely offer to be helpful and offer these things. Almost have to fight for what we pay for when we buy the car.

Thank you. I do already have a card reader. Puzzled a little though at your suggestion. Are you saying get the card reader so I can plug car's SD into my computer to download updates myself? (Logical) I've been told I can go to Mazda site and do just that myself, but wouldn't it be better to have the dealer do this for free at my next LOF visit, (which will be just prior to "3 years"). ????
Seems the dealers rarely offer to be helpful and offer these things. Almost have to fight for what we pay for when we buy the car.
You can get the dealer to do it when you bring it in for service. If they don't feel like doing it they may tell you their computer is down, their network is down, the download failed, whatever.
Better to do it yourself if you're getting close to the end of updates.
And Yes, the nav will still work after 3 years but it won't contain any new updates like new roads, changed speed limits, etc.

Thank you. I do already have a card reader. Puzzled a little though at your suggestion. Are you saying get the card reader so I can plug car's SD into my computer to download updates myself? (Logical)
Yes
I've been told I can go to Mazda site and do just that myself, but wouldn't it be better to have the dealer do this for free at my next LOF visit, (which will be just prior to "3 years"). ????
And that's fine too. It takes freaking forever though for some reason (the copying process... not your invested time). As long as they don't charge you an hourly charge for it. I can't imagine this being a 'warranty service' issue?!?
It's not even remotely hard. Also, I am in IT and would be embarrassed to have someone do this for me. :D I also upgraded mine every time year there was a new release too, so there's that also.

Yes

And that's fine too. It takes freaking forever though for some reason (the copying process... not your invested time). As long as they don't charge you an hourly charge for it. I can't imagine this being a 'warranty service' issue?!?
It's not even remotely hard. Also, I am in IT and would be embarrassed to have someone do this for me. :D I also upgraded mine every time year there was a new release too, so there's that also.
Yes - mine took a couple hours last time I updated too. That's probably why the dealers try to get out of doing it. Ties a tech up too long.

Is there a site that tells you when a new map update is available? I'm coming up on 3 years in Aug and want to make sure I get the last one before mine expires.

Also my friend is a district service manager for Mazda. I trust him 1000%. He told me to do the Rear Diff every 60K. He told me this AFTER I had the rear diff done at 30K and it cost $89. $750 for that service and a brake flush is highway robbery. You need to be done with this dealer....
Wait there's a front differential? He never even mentioned that to me.
That might be referring to the transfer case. I had both it and the rear diff done at the same time.

Your car manual will tell you the service interval for diffs as well. If you do it yourself, make sure you remove the filler plug FIRST, then the drain plug. Why, because if you cannot gst the imput filler plug out, you won't be able to put in fluid. Buy the Mazda fluid and take to local mechanic to drain fill. Generally lasts for years! Also on Mazda it has a fuel filter change requirement. Easy to do, watch U tube video. I myself would not do anything until 70k unless you see leaks. Always check tranny dip stick. Takes an hour the most. It is under air box.

Your car manual will tell you the service interval for diffs as well. If you do it yourself, make sure you remove the filler plug FIRST, then the drain plug. Why, because if you cannot gst the imput filler plug out, you won't be able to put in fluid. Buy the Mazda fluid and take to local mechanic to drain fill. Generally lasts for years! Also on Mazda it has a fuel filter change requirement. Easy to do, watch U tube video. I myself would not do anything until 70k unless you see leaks. Always check tranny dip stick. Takes an hour the most. It is under air box.
This^ (Don't ask me how I know :( )

Back