2019 CX-5 GT Front brake squeak in reverse only while backing out of garage

wifescx9

:
2012 Mazda CX9 Touring
Only has 18k miles. I took calipers off, took pads/clips off and cleaned with brake cleaner. I put CRC Disc Brake Quiet on and reassembled. Squeak came back after a couple weeks. I've bedded in brakes properly too. The "peep" sound goes away when the brakes are warmed up and is clearly from the fronts. I don't think anything is wrong, just annoying and SOUNDS like my car has something wrong.

Thinking of taking wheels back off and double checking pad clips to make sure they're not too close to the rotor. Short of that, I may just replace the original pads. But with only 18k miles, they look brand new still.

Thoughts?

Don't forget to lube the caliper pins and burp the air out. People report it has minimal lube from the factory. Use rubber safe silicone grease for the pins to move freely.

As far as the squeaking my personal experience is you've got embedded deposits on your rotors. Is your drive consisting mainly on city stop/go driving?

Back into garage so you can pull out forward in the morning. ... I'mma problem solver :cool:

Back