2019 CX-5 GT AWD brake rotor and pad recommendations?

Hi,

Looking for recommendation for rotors and brake pads for my CX5 GT. What should I be looking at when selecting one or another, if I don't want to use OEM suggested parts? Do I need to do a brake fluid flush after replacing rotors and pads?

Thanks!

1.The OEM's are well balanced for this vehicle. will most likely stick with OEM.
My other choices are
2. NAPA adaptive one ceramics(have used for years on other vehicles.) or
3 EBC (after research seems to be great alternative. Friends have run on their cars and are happy with performance).
4. Other members have made suggestions on other brake threads for other brands.

fluid flush depends on your mileage and your brake performance. How many miles? What color? Is pedal spongy? Etc. DIY Flushing is cheap and it doesnt hurt to flush it early.

Rotors. No drilled.
solid or slotted ok but no drilled.

Last edited:
32000. Have no idea, dealer told me "dirty".
I think the manual states replace every 2 years or 24,000 miles. Read yours for exact requirements.

For reference, I bought a 3 year old cpo. I assumed they replaced the fluid at the 2 year mark. However, I just reached the 4 year mark with 31000 miles and will be flushing soon.
Most brake fluids absorbs water every year and you really dont want to go more than 4 years without flushing it. Imo, 2 years would be best, 3 years ok, and 4 years max. Spongy brakes and rusty brake system could develop the longer you wait.

If your at the 32000 miles and over 2 years then a flush would be appropriate.

Hi,

Looking for recommendation for rotors and brake pads for my CX5 GT. What should I be looking at when selecting one or another, if I don't want to use OEM suggested parts? Do I need to do a brake fluid flush after replacing rotors and pads?

Thanks!

How much do you want to $pend?

Was looking at these Adams Rotors in the high carbon content version. Sets you back $699 shipped.

1125_web.jpg

I have used Centric rotors from an auto parts shop on other cars with no issues. I know that StopTech and Tire Rack sell them online.

Back