2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

Very nice cars. A Miata is what I want next.

Considering the hailstorm we had yesterday, I am thinking I should wait till I have a 2 car garage...

Very nice cars. A Miata is what I want next.

Considering the hailstorm we had yesterday, I am thinking I should wait till I have a 2 car garage...

Colorado is really bad with hail. My house had a brand new roof when I sold it. I'm kind of scared to go back with both of our cars.

2 car garage is great when you're home, but most of us don't have covered parking at work. [emoji17]

Dang!

https://www.facebook.com/KOAA/videos/10155391979808939/

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice cars GTScott! Mazda's going to have to make an RX8 replacement eventually so I can stay with Mazda for my eventual mid life crisis sports car. It's either that or a used Porsche Cayman.
05-mazda-rx-7-843-photo-667952-s-original.jpg

That is pretty, but my knees ache just thinking about getting in/out of it.

I bought the CX5 in cloudy conditions and it sat in the garage. It was not until yesterday that I had it in direct sunlight that I understood how different the color is. It truly glows. It catches your eye as it is different than anything else. It also reaffirms my feeling that paint matching it will be impossible.

Cayman's are nice. I had a 981 chassis Boxster and then the 981 GT4. I am waiting to see what they do with the GT4 on the 718 platform and may have to bite again.

Colorado is really bad with hail. My house had a brand new roof when I sold it. I'm kind of scared to go back with both of our cars.

2 car garage is great when you're home, but most of us don't have covered parking at work. [emoji17]

Dang!

https://www.facebook.com/KOAA/videos/10155391979808939/

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

It really is bad with hail.

Yikes! I lucked out where I work in Inverness, but like you say, it is uncovered parking.

At least when I worked downtown, the lightrail station had covered parking garage.

Now, it's more just crossing my fingers.

That is pretty, but my knees ache just thinking about getting in/out of it.

I doubt they'd be able to stay entirely faithful to that concepts proportions. I'm also skeptical they'll be able to build a modern rotary that's clean/efficient/powerful/doesn't inhale oil etc.

I get the rotary is important to the whole Mazda heritage and 'brand' and all, but they'd probably be better off going with a flat four (or heavily reclined inline 4) turbo or something that still keeps the motor small and centre of gravity low. And/or go hybrid (and AWD).

Wouldn't be a bad place to dip their toes in the hybrid pool as it would likely have good margins to help cushion the initial investment. Then trickle down the tech to the rest of the models.

My mid life crisis car will probably be one of these anyway:
2012_porsche_cayman_coupe_s-black-edition_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

I need to do this in direct sunlight but I moved things around so that the Soul Red Crystal Metallic 2017 CX-5 was next to the Soul Red 2016 MX-5. These do not really get the point across but I was saddened over the picture drought conditions.

hT2sux1.jpg

cf0tyLh.jpg

Ooohhhh.... ahhhhhh :)

From the camera angle, looks like the front window of the MX-5 has more tint than the CX-5

Any chance we can get some pictures of headlight output at night? I'm curious how well the headlights illuminate at night since it will likely be awhile before the IIHS rates them. It would also be cool to see how the various trim headlights differ.

Any chance we can get some pictures of headlight output at night? I'm curious how well the headlights illuminate at night since it will likely be awhile before the IIHS rates them. It would also be cool to see how the various trim headlights differ.

There are a few clips on YouTube showing the lights from a POV whilst driving.

From the camera angle, looks like the front window of the MX-5 has more tint than the CX-5

Interesting observation. I really need to get them both out in the sun and get out a real camera. The mx5 has super high quality ceramic tint that is 20%. The cx5 has a middle of the road ceramic tint, also 20%.

I will get headlight shots this weekend. I drove it in the dark for the first time tonight. I had not even realized it had the moving/swivel headlights like the mx5. Pretty cool.

The 4C is a fun car. I am an Italian car guy through and through so the introduction of a mass market, affordable Italian did my heart good. It is 3/4 of the car compared to a few of its garage mates but it cost 1/5 of what they did. That is cool. My Alfa has the euro compulsion ecu which is a direct replacement and is a must have. As for quirks, nothing that I consider a negative. Problem free. I have had it a year and done about 800 miles. No issues.

Last edited:
Interesting observation. I really need to get them both out in the sun and get out a real camera. The mx5 has super high quality ceramic tint that is 20%. The cx5 has a middle of the road ceramic tint, also 20%.

I will get headlight shots this weekend. I drove it in the dark for the first time tonight. I had not even realized it had the moving/swivel headlights like the mx5. Pretty cool.

The 4C is a fun car. I am an Italian car guy through and through so the introduction of a mass market, affordable Italian did my heart good. It is 3/4 of the car compared to a few of its garage mates but it cost 1/5 of what they did. That is cool. My Alfa has the euro compulsion ecu which is a direct replacement and is a must have. As for quirks, nothing that I consider a negative. Problem free. I have had it a year and done about 800 miles. No issues.

Also, the miata has a darker interior, so that could be contributing to the different perspective here.

Thanks major. It is a beautiful blue. I will have to see what the dealership can do for me, may have to order one.

Thanks major. It is a beautiful blue. I will have to see what the dealership can do for me, may have to order one.
Eternal Blue new for this year.

Attachments

• 20170512_181816.jpg
    20170512_181816.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 3,509
Last edited:
I like the dark blue a lot. Actually saw one in my parking lot this week (making it 4 CX-5's in my lot). At first I thought it was black. It was parked next to a blue car so I thought the slight blue was from that. Coming back from lunch, saw the other side....that's when I realized it was a deep dark blue. Kind of wish I'd have gotten that color.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back