2016 CX-9 w/ Asanti ABL-12 22", +35ET Yokohama 285/35/22 and red calipers

Hi, I'm a new here. I owned 2016 CX9 for over 4 years without any modification at all. I changed wheels and tires as well as DIY colored brake calipers in RED. I picked out Asanti ABL-12 22" 10.5 +35ET w Yokohama Parada Spec X 285/35/22 after a quite long time debating. I don't see any rubbing nor scrubbing and running feel more than awesome. This modification made me and my poppy so happy. I may add +5mm spacer on the rear wheels for even more aggressive look.

My next mod is changing cold intake w Corksport and would change muffler as well!! I would appreciate any suggestions.

A2.jpg
HPYHVYCX9.jpg
A1.jpg

It looks good! With your wheels, I think blacking out the chrome trim around the car would make it look even more aggressive.

Hi sm1ke, Glad to hear from you. In fact, I've learned a lot from your threads. I like your cx9 bunch especially color of the wheel. I hear you and think about chrome deleting!!
Thanks a lot.

Nice looking vehicle. I am debating whether to upgrade my 18s to 20s or 22s. Regarding the tires, do you find that using 35 makes the ride noticeably bumpier? I was thinking about 45 so as to provide some cushioning for a smoother ride.

Ah okay. Thanks for the input. Judging by what I've read for other SUVs that people upgraded on, a lot are 35 or 40. I'm trying to make a compromise between looks and ride comfort.

Back