2016 CX-5 Spotted with a Facelift

Most likely, that grill will be something very similar as the new Mazda3. The 6 had horizontal bar type grill, so it seems that Mazda wants the CX to look like the other cars in there lineup.

Last edited:
My Bluetooth works very well as well as dialing from the phone book.
USB does play in alphabetic order and shuffle is not random enough, repeats itself. Even if both these would be fixed, there is a lot more to aspire to.

However, it is better then my former ride and I am sure none of the other cars you could or could not buy don't have a real good system. The technology is not mature yet for the new world we live in. Auto manufacturers don't have a clue on how to do it right, Mazda included.
I believe Hyundai will be out with Android in the car for next year with few models (they are fast to market, others will follow). This would be a significantly better user experience, superior to what you can get today. However, I am sure that version 2 will be even better.

You could wait for 2016 models, but what you really want is 2018-9 models. Of course, by 2019, you'd want 2021's, etc.
Another way to look at it, is to get the less sophisticated system now, because today's top-of-the-line is not good enough to be worth the money yet.

Last edited:
I suspect the changes to be more dramatic than this photoshop. Granted the outer LED DRL ring of the headlight might be close, the current DRL reflector should be eliminated all together because it would be redundant.

2016-mazda-cx-5-facelift-rendered_1.jpg

2016-mazda-cx-5-facelift-rendered_2.jpg

I agree AND I think/hope they're gonna add the interior of the 6 (commander switch and get rid of the orange lighting for the white)

Can't remember the last time I used the cup holder in the center console for an actual beverage. I usually throw my big bottles in the door's bottle holder.

The technology is not mature yet for the new world we live in. Auto manufacturers don't have a clue on how to do it right, Mazda included.
Sad, you are right here.

You could wait for 2016 models, but what you really want is 2018-9 models. Of course, by 2019, you'd want 2021's, etc.
No, this is not the case. I just know what I want and need. Lets face the truth, the current infotainmet is really outdated and SUBSTANDARD. It was already when Mazda unveiled CX-5. I got another car. It fulfills my needs and the infotainment works just perfect. I will buy CX-5 as soon as it is out with updated infotainment. There is no reason for me to wait infinitely. It is 2014 and all I want to get in exchange for my money is, at least, standard. I do not require a future technology but I neither want an archaic equipment mounted in my car. There are many cheaper cars with far better systems. Mazda was sleeping too long and I bet Noah had a better radio on board.

Last edited:
Sad, you are right here.

No, this is not the case. I just know what I want and need. Lets face the truth, the current infotainmet is really outdated and SUBSTANDARD. It was already when Mazda unveiled CX-5. I got another car. It fulfills my needs and the infotainment works just perfect. I will buy CX-5 as soon as it is out with updated infotainment. There is no reason for me to wait infinitely. It is 2014 and all I want to get in exchange for my money is, at least, standard. I do not require a future technology but I neither want an archaic equipment mounted in my car. There are many cheaper cars with far better systems. Mazda was sleeping too long and I bet Noah had a better radio on board.

Compare CX-5 infotainment to any Ford with MyTouch, and you'll be happy with Mazda.

That's bad for Ford but it doesn't make Mazda any better. I can name cars which cost a third of the price of CX-5 and come with better infotainment. There are better and there are worse systems, of course. I, personally, consider the one in the current CX-5 outdated and below my requirements. I am not bashing the car or the brand as whole. On a side note, I would never buy a Ford again.

I decided to wait for the facelift because I could. If I were in a different situation I would buy CX-5 because I consider it the best car in the category. Even with the current system. There are many pros to outweigh it.

Last edited:
Just for example, Hyundai, KIA, Volkswagen or Skoda. No problem to buy a way cheaper car with a better infotainment. Remember, we are comparing the head units, not the cars.

Just for example, Hyundai, KIA, Volkswagen or Skoda. No problem to buy a way cheaper car with a better infotainment. Remember, we are comparing the head units, not the cars.
Could you please be more specific on what exactly is outdated in the infotainment system of the CX-5 in your view and what the other cars have better?

For me, the USB non-resume and Shuffle not being random enough is an annoyance. However, even if these 2 functions would be fixed, it would still not create instant playlists, not allow me to go to all tracks for the currently playing artist, not be able to show me similar tracks etc.
That said, BT works pretty well for me including Pandora.
Talking about phone integration, it would have been nice if USB playback supported MTP, so it could play audio directly from my phone or if it provided 2.1A, so it could charge my phone while doing so.
Of course, if it could show Google Maps / navigation that would be great, but very few cars have it now in a proprietary way. Going back to Android Automotive Alliance.

Sorry, which models of Hyundai, KIA, or VW go for $10k or so?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Just curious which cars those are.

Wasn't cheaper than the Mazda but our 2010 Camry Hybrid has the premium 440W JBL w/integrated NAV. As my 22 year old son said after driving it on loan for 4 days, "that radio pretty much set the standard for automotive sound systems."

The Toyota Bluetooth seems easier - you can have several numbers (home and mobile) for a single entry and you get 18 speed dials. Six disk CD changer. DVD NAV isn't that great and is very outdated. I think a new DVD update is several hundred bucks. The Toyota NAV has no 3D view but you can rotate the display for either compass north up or travel direction up.

Sorry, which models of Hyundai, KIA, or VW go for $10k or so?
What? Sorry, did I say $10k? CX-5 I wanted to buy goes for about $45k here and I can buy KIA or Skoda for about 1/3 of the sum. A basic model but with a good head unit if I want to. Event if it was 1/2 it would change nothing on the real basis of the original statement. That's all. I am not going to wordplay anymore. This thread is about CX-5 facelift.

What Kia or Skoda can you get for 1/3 of $45k that comes with a "good headunit"?

I got the latest Skoda Octavia III a month ago. It is not the cheapest Skoda but I got the basic packet and the cheapest engine. On the other hand, I configured in a metallic paint, better infotainment, USB, bluetooth, handsfree and so on. Btw, the unit works just great. The price I paid equals to $13963 USD. I got a discount but I think it would fit to the $15k (1/3 of 45k) limit. Skoda Fabia or Skoda Rapid will be even cheaper. Some KIA and Hyundai models, too. Is it really that hard to believe?

Attachments

• Skoda Octavia III.jpg
    Skoda Octavia III.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 694
You are right. Skoda is part of VW concern. Great and very reliable cars. One of the best value keeping brands here.

Back