2016.5 CX-5 Audio Upgrade Questions

Good Evening Guys. I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 touring ( Nom- Bose System ). I would like to install an Amplifier and Sub however Can someone please provide the wiring diagram for the Radio, or should I say the color codes for the positive and negative wires for each speaker wire?

2. As I understand, the 2016 cx 5 has the speaker wires harness I can tap into below the glove box right?

3. I am a newbie to this, so when installing the amp, If i remove the negative terminal off my battery will I lose all my presets on my radio as well as obtain any error codes by doing so? Thank you guys, Im hoping you guys can help me out with this.

I am almost positive that the 16's still use the "old" style Mazda radio connection, but double check. If so, order a PAC AOEM-MAZ2 harness. It is a direct plug and play LOC that requires no splicing into the factory harness at all.

This is what the old style harness looks like:

Attachments

• 61NFGGKcxiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61NFGGKcxiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 210
I installed a PAC AOEM-MAZ2 to my 2016.5 Sport probably 2 years ago now. Works like a champ. The instructions that come with the wiring harness are just okay. There's a decent youtube video on the interwebs that walks you thru the install step by step. I drew up my own wiring diagram from the video.

I installed the amp under the drivers seat, and added an in-line RCA Level Controller. I mounted the control toggle to the plastic frame of the drivers seat, on the right hand side. That way, I can turn the sub down when I'm driving with the kids. I'm using a 12" Kicker sub in a homemade shallow enclosure that doesn't meet the 'optimal' sizing for a sub enclosure, but it sounds great.

1618596861950.png

Yes, you will have to reset all of the settings when you disconnect the battery. I wound up drilling thru the firewall for the power wire. I couldn't feed it into the factory wire cluster as it passes thru the firewall.

I added 3.5" speakers to the fronts also. I just added the pair, and not the middle one. Made a pretty big difference. I opted for the budget friendly Pioneer's over the Polks. They sound fine to my ear. Plenty of info in other threads about that.

Back