2014 CX-5 listed for sale in NJ

andyg

Contributor
:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Dont know if this is common knowledge or not, but thought I would share. I was on line on my local NJ Mazda dealers website scheduling an oil change for my wife's CX-9, and I happened to notice that they list a bunch of 2014 CX-5's for sale. Dont show the photos, but they do list the VIN numbers, options, pricing etc. I'm guessing they dont have the cars in stock (no photos) but it must be close :)

http://www.waynemazda.com/new-inventory/index.htm?reset=InventoryListing&SBmodel=CX-5

This is where I purchased my CX-5 from and I did happen to walk with the salesman to go look for the model I wanted and just to see what the differences were and I have to say that had a lot of CX-5's. It's possible some of these were there or like you said are close by.

Yea right; he's got 157 2014 CX-5s just about to land. Something a little fishy here!(smash)

Yea right; he's got 157 2014 CX-5s just about to land. Something a little fishy here!(smash)

May be fishy, may not be. When I bought my CX-5 in October, there were hundreds and hundreds. I couldnt believe how many there were. This is a huge dealership. I would tend to agree with you except they do list VIN numbers on their website, so I think they would not be able to do that unless it were true.

Last edited:
May be fishy, may not be. When I bought my CX-5 in October, there were hundreds and hundreds. I couldnt believe how many there were. This is a huge dealership. I would tend to agree with you except they do list VIN numbers on their website, so I think they would not be able to do that unless it were true.
Not that I'm doubting your word, but that's really hard to believe. I bought mine in Oct. too and at the time, you were lucky to find half a dozen CX-5s on a Calif. dealer's lot. I had to go clear to the other end of the state and drive 565 miles home to get the color/model I wanted! As for the VINs, I believe what happens is that once the dealer places an order for a given vehicle, he gets a VIN to confirm the order in pretty short order. So apparently Wayne, being the huge dealer you say he is, went on an ordering frenzy for 2014 models.

Looks legit to me guess I know where I'm going if I decide I want a cx-5. Thanks!

According to the site they have 344 '13 Mazda 3's and 170 '13 CX-9's and 96 '13 CX-5's. Assuming the numbers aren't false this does sound like a huge dealership.

So far no '14's at the dealership I am looking at. Though I am likely going to get a '13 I am curious to see what the price drops when they get the '14 here.

Thanks for posting! I just got an email from my dealer, saying that he should have them in mid-late February.

If his prices are right, then we can estimate the cost of the 2.5L Option. They are selling the Touring trim FWD for $25,465 (lowest price on the site for this trim) with the 2.5L. Base price of the 2.0 Touring is $24,195. So this looks like a $1,270 increase.

However: the site lists a 2013 CX-5 Touring FWD ($24,195) with the Moonroof package ($1,130) as costing $26,120. This is exactly $795 too much...which means the site's pricing includes the $795 destination fee!

Therefore, The 2.5L Option for the 2014 CX-5 is only a $475 option??? :-O I've been waiting for this! This is fantastic. Really hope that's what it works out to be. The CX-5 is already fantastic, and the 2.5L will give it the only thing missing for me; a little more pep.

Per their website, they are the "largest exclusive Mazda dealership in the US"

Wayne Mazda is actually one of the better dealers in the state, I would believe it. They have close to 400 vehicles in their lot (maybe even more). They were the first ones I had called when shopping for my CX-5 but they didn't have a Black GT with Tech so no deal was made.

Therefore, The 2.5L Option for the 2014 CX-5 is only a $475 option???

The 2.5L on the 2014 CX-5 Touring & GT is the only engine choice. Not an option, standard equipment. As is 6AT. Anyone who wants 6MT must go for the Sport w/2.0L.

The 2.5L on the 2014 CX-5 Touring & GT is the only engine choice. Not an option, standard equipment. As is 6AT. Anyone who wants 6MT must go for the Sport w/2.0L.
So is the Sport 2.0 still available with the automatic?

Just for the heck of it, I did an on-line chat with a salesperson at Wayne Mazda. She basically stated what we already suspected:

"Okay.. I asked my boss. The 2013's listed are here and available. The 14's are available for deposit but they wont be physically here for the next few weeks. We post them online to let you know what is coming in/allotted to us at this time."

Oh...well then...the 2014 CX-5 with 2.5L only costs $475 more than the 2013 with 2.0L? ...AWESOME!

Oh...well then...the 2014 CX-5 with 2.5L only costs $475 more than the 2013 with 2.0L? ...AWESOME!

As Ive said all along, Mazda had no room to increase the price, relative to the competition. If they came in significantly more expensive than the CR-V then they would lose so many sales.

the whole "$1-2k more than the 2.0" argument was just based on sour grapes by 2.0 2013 owners ;)

it is VERY dissapointing if they wont be available until mid-late february though. :( i need this car badly for snow season because my 2wd truck wont cut it

the whole "$1-2k more than the 2.0" argument was just based on sour grapes by 2.0 2013 owners ;)

They have nothing to be sour about....they've been enjoying their CX-5 for months longer than those like us who are just itching to get behind the wheel of one.

Back