2013-2016 Replacement headlight lenses, anyone?

:
2014 & 2019 CX-5 Touring(s)
In perusing Aliexpress, today, I came across replacement headlight lenses for as little as $41: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000279684156.html

The ones on my 2014 are getting a little yellowed. I know I can polish that off, but once the degradation has started it comes back quickly, so I was just wondering if anyone else has seen/tried these on their CX-5?

Pro tip: if you choose to recondition your headlights you can preserve the clear lens with a wipe on uv clear coat from a company called safetclear. It is easy to use and lasts for years. Otherwise, as you know, once you use a restore kit the lens looks great but gets cloudy again within a year.

Nearly 7-year old lenses are still clear due to paint protection film.

Pro tip: if you choose to recondition your headlights you can preserve the clear lens with a wipe on uv clear coat from a company called safetclear. It is easy to use and lasts for years. Otherwise, as you know, once you use a restore kit the lens looks great but gets cloudy again within a year.

As an alternative, if you happen to have car wax at home, you can apply it after cleaning up the headlights for some short term protection. As long as you reapply every 3 months or so, they should stay clear. This is what I did for the headlights I polished on an old 99 Accord. You can also get a ceramic coating and apply that to the headlights (I suspect the safetclear stuff works in a similar way as the ceramic coating).

7 year old CX-5 here and the headlight plastic still completely clear.

Back