2013-2015 cx-5 - seat warmer malfunction - tsb

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
TSB: 09-033/14

2013-2015 CX-5 - SEAT WARMER MALFUNCTION

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2015 CX-5 vehicles equipped with seat warmers with VINs lower than JM3KE******477565 (produced before May 1, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit an inoperative seat warmer (or seat heater) on the driver and/or passenger seat.

When weight is applied to the seat, part of the heater element wire may come out of position and become bent. Under repeated stress, the wire may break causing an inoperative seat warmer condition.

An additional adhesion treatment has been applied to eliminate the heater element wire from coming out of the position.

Repair Overview:

Affected Seat

Repair

Notes

Driver

Replace Seat Cushion Warmer

Do not replace seat cushion pad assembly.

Passenger

Replace Seat Cushion Pad Assembly

Pad assy. includes improved seat warmer.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

Ants :)

2013-2015 CX-5 - CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON WITH DTC P0452:00 AND/OR P0453:00

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2015 CX-5 with VINs lower than JM3KE******438362 (produced before Jan. 27, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit a condition where the Check Engine Light illuminates immediately after the engine is started and DTC P0452:00 and/or P0453:00 is stored in memory.

P0452:00 - Fuel tank pressure sensor low input

P0453:00 - Fuel tank pressure sensor high input

This concern may be caused by ants entering the FTP sensor through an opening (to atmosphere). The ants bite and eventually damage the wiring, which results in an improper FTP sensor output.

To eliminate this concern, the inside of the opening pipe (to atmosphere) has been modified to prevent ants from entering.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

Ants? I thought Mazda's were famous for spider related TSB's. (Something about spiders getting into the fuel lines...)

TSB: 09-033/14

2013-2015 CX-5 - SEAT WARMER MALFUNCTION

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2015 CX-5 vehicles equipped with seat warmers with VINs lower than JM3KE******477565 (produced before May 1, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit an inoperative seat warmer (or seat heater) on the driver and/or passenger seat.

When weight is applied to the seat, part of the heater element wire may come out of position and become bent. Under repeated stress, the wire may break causing an inoperative seat warmer condition.

An additional adhesion treatment has been applied to eliminate the heater element wire from coming out of the position.

Repair Overview:

Affected Seat

Repair

Notes

Driver

Replace Seat Cushion Warmer

Do not replace seat cushion pad assembly.

Passenger

Replace Seat Cushion Pad Assembly

Pad assy. includes improved seat warmer.

Thank you for the heads up. I have been really disappointed in the lack of heat of the seats. This TSB gives me hope.

Ants? I thought Mazda's were famous for spider related TSB's. (Something about spiders getting into the fuel lines...)

Those were applicable to the previous gen Mazda6. The 2nd gen was assembled in the US.

"The yellow sac spider is attracted to the hydrocarbons in gasoline and can find its way into a fuel tank hose, said Mazda spokesman Jeremy Barnes. There, it may weave a web that blocks airflow. That could cause the fuel tank to crack and, possibly, [cause] a fire. Mazda said it is not aware of any fires due to this issue."

It's been too hot for me to even try them out. As this TSB came out 5/1 it is possible my April build is affected as well.

Looks like my CX is under that VIN#.
Going to wait till I go for my first oil change.

My kid use to work for a customize shop that put in heated seat components for aftermarket. He said, that once the leather is removed, it never goes back on like it did. Winkles and seems shift. If you get yours done, they will need to send it out to a seat shop, oh, the guys use to take the cars in for service to lunch and race them around.

So, my advice, dive the car to the shop doing the repair, and wait. make sure it right before leaning, cause there will be finger pointin...

Latest posts

Back