2011 wrx

bradboyd80

:
'12 Velocity Red MS3
I regret to say I haven't been on here in a while. Been so busy with work and all. But about 6 months ago, I traded the MS3 in for a 2011 white WRX premium. Came with the cold weather package, tinted windows and STI short shifter.

Over the weekend, I got my first set of mods installed. Once I get some pictures, I'll post them up. But so far, this is what I've got installed:

Cobb SF intake
Cobb front and rear shifter bushings
Nameless Axleback Exhaust (sounds ridiculously awesome!)
Whiteline Rear Differential Front Bushings
Cobb AP running Stage 1 + SF 91 HWG map

Car pulls pretty hard now. The bushings definitely made a difference. Car feels a lot less sloppy shifting and around turns. Over the summer I'll probably add some more bushings and perhaps motor mounts to solidify the drivetrain.

Next set mods are going to cost me a pretty penny, so they will likely wait until winter or next spring. Looking at getting a catted downpipe, upgraded TMIC or FMIC, boost control solenoid, and coilovers.

Got at least a couple of pics taken today after a cleaning.

2012-03-30_19-24-50_153.jpg

2012-03-30_19-25-10_22.jpg

Sweet.

I've been looking at the '12 wrx as well... but will probably wait until the new ones come out. Hopefully the end of this year.

So, you had a '11 MS3 and traded it for the wrx. Was there a reason?

I love it man. I've always wanted a WRX, but didn't really like the styling on the 08-10. When the '11 came out with the nicer styling, I jumped. Plus, we had a bit of a "freak" winter in 2010/2011, which made me want an AWD for this past winter. Add that to the plethora of aftermarket, and it just seemed like the right time to do it. I do still miss certain aspects of the MS3 though. It just seems like my HP goals are more easily attainable than they were with the MS3.

I got cha.

Kinda the same reasoning here. All wheel drive and better aftermarket support. However, I could geta MS3 for a lot cheaper with customer loyalty and the s-plan. Probably for 23K brand new. Not sure what I could do getting a WRX. Hard to even find one to test drive right now.

Yeah, no doubt the MS3 is cheaper. Fully loaded its still the same price as a WRX.

But man, that AWD is fun. And from what I'm reading, the boxer is easier to work on and tune than the DISI. They sell pretty quick here too. They don't last more than a week or two at the dealer here. You're honestly probably better off building one the way you want it and having it shipped to your local dealer.

Yeah, checking nasioc, it seems like that is the thing to do. Not sure you can get any deal that way though. All i want is a base wrx. Ill change what i want with aftermarket. 1st thing is tint, then stereo.

My lease on my 6 is over in feb... i have till then to figure out what i want to do. I'm hoping the new wrx will be out. I want a little better mpg than 25 highway. that is all the ms3 is rated for as well.

Never hurts to ask. The good thing about ordering your own though, is that you avoid the typical dealer markup. They make the bulk of their money off of options. They get a standard model in, add a bunch of goodies that cost them pennies, and mark it up by thousands. So if you order your own, you take that whole process out of the equation.

Gotta admit though. Some of the options are pretty cool. I have the cold weather package for example. Includes heated mirrors and a windshield wiper heater. The lines on your back window for your defroster are also right where the windshield wipers are. So when you turn on the defroster, it heats up the wipers to keep them from icing up in the snow or sleet. Not a "necessity" by any means, but definitely a cool option.

Back